Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Thule Rear Bike Rack – Vauxhall Astra 2D 07… What one???
  • GSuperstar
    Free Member

Ok, firstly I apologise if somebody finds the answer stupidly quickly but I have tried searching and just can't figure out which one fits?

In short. Vauxhall Astra 2 Door. Needs to be rear mounted NOT roof. And hold 2 bikes built for freeriding.

Any help would be most appreciated.

*Prays someone has the exact same car/set-up for an easy time* 🙂

Thanks all!

TomO

Mister-P
    Free Member

What year is the car?

Edit – sorry spotted it is an 07.

Mister-P
    Free Member

From the Thule application guide it looks like there isn't a rear mounted carrier for that car.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

See, I was hoping somebody was in the knowledge that although it wasnt on there, maybe the 2002 version, fitted all models onwards. But now you've said that maybe this isnt the case 🙁

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have a feeling your car probably has a load of plastic trim surrounding the rear window? I had someone looking for a rear mount carrier for his X5 and there was a plastic spoiler above the back window that would prevent mounting a clip on type carrier.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

It's my friends car co can't check right now but that may be correct. In this circumstance I presume a roof rack is the only viable option?

timmys

I'm not a lover of rear mounted racks at the best of times but as I take it by "freeriding" you're talking full-suss and relatively weighty I'd definitely avoid them. No chance of a tow bar mounted rack?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Yours is a 5 door, the OP has a 3 door. I would double check that the rear hatches are the same on both.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Yes, sorry I know that term gets a frown on this forum 🙂 Heavy duty full sussers built for speed down and not up 🙂

I also have a feeling he doesn't have a towbar, again, something i'll look into along with the spoiler comment.

Shouldnt be more than 60lbs in total however so i'll have a look into weight restrictions.

@P-Jay – Do you know the exact name/title of the one you own? Just so I can do soem research when I get home tonight? I'm hoping this is going to be one of those lucky moments where yours becomes the ideal purchase 🙂

Thanks to all those involved so far really helping 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

The only thing that might upset it would be a chunkyish "spoiler" on the top of the boot/hatch as the top straps clip onto the edge of it.

Which is exactly what I already said and advised to check.

Martin_pendle
    Free Member

Our Strap On Rack would fit if it doesn't have the spoiler, would probably need a light unit though to stay legal. However we only allow up to 15kg per bike on that type of rack. Most rear mounted racks will have similar weight limits.

If they are any more than 15kg each we make a heavy duty rack which is perfect for downhillers but you need a towbar

http://www.pendle-bike.co.uk/shopping/Wheel-Support-Heavy-Duty-Ball-Mounting-2-Bike-Rack.php

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Thule Rear Bike Rack – Vauxhall Astra 2D 07… What one???’ is closed to new replies.