Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thule EuroClassic Pro 903 rack and locking the bikes
  • DickBarton

Evening,

Got my hands on a very good condition second hand EuroClassic Pro 903 rack. Only the outer most bike arm has a lock on it, any idea if I can get replacement lock ‘nuts’ so I can replace the middle and inner arm nuts to be lockable as well please?

It is a great rack, but if it is just me then the inner rack position is in use but it doesn’t actually have a way of locking the clamp, so I’m looking to replace the clamp nut with a lockable version.

Official Thule spares only sell the arms and they don’t appear to have locks on them, so wondering if anyone knows a place where I could order the bits I need.

Thanks.

Tracey

You can buy the locking part as we have the same rack and had to replace one that someone had tried to get off. They came in packs of two. If we are just taking one bike we just use the outboard arm which has the lock on. You could just swap the tightening bit over to another arm, just be careful that the spring and washer don’t shoot off when you remove it.

DickBarton

Aye that might work but the outer arm is further away from vehicle and the outer arm isn’t as stable as the inner one.

Seems a bit of a daft idea to have the outer arm lockable but the middle and inner not. Especially as you don’t always carry 3 bikes.

I’ll contact Thule and see if I can get just the locking bit as I’d much prefer all 3 as lockable clamps.

Already discovered the flying washers and spring – thankfully I was wearing glasses! 😉

Tracey

Was sorted out by this guy but only bought a pack of two, something like this

http://www.roofracks-roofboxes.co.uk/thule-one-lock-key-system-527.html

DickBarton

Lovely, thanks very much, that looks ideal.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thule EuroClassic Pro 903 rack and locking the bikes’ is closed to new replies.