Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thule clipon 9106 bike rack?
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

Anyone got/used one? I’m looking to buy one,

I like the fact that it holds it from the wheels, my bikes don’t sit right on the type that go under the toptube…

Any others around that hold them the same way? Am I better off going for roof bars?

Thanks.

mrjmt
    Free Member

We have one, had it for a few years now.

Well worth spending the money on it, its so easy to use, takes 30 seconds to attach it to the car and doesn’t need a light board.

Make sure you get the right fitting kit too if your car needs a different one.

8)

passtherizla
    Free Member

yeah I’v looked into the fitting kits…

using the fit guide on the thule website it says that the backpack 973 needs a 9115 kit but it doesnt say anything about kits for the clipon 9106 or 9104… hopefully this means it doesn’t need one?

VW Passat estate B7 Variant 2012 rear mounted racks is the info i supplied the fit guide with.

mrjmt
    Free Member

They do come with ‘standard’ fittings, the fitting kit we got for our golf just replaced the two arms at the top that clip onto the boot lid.

I remember giving them a ring when we got ours, they were very helpful. May be worth checking if it’ll fit with the standard fittings that come in the box.

mark_b
    Free Member

I’ve got one – excellent bit of kit. Solid mount to the boot but quick and easy to put on and remove.

Bikes are loaded in a couple minutes and are well supported and held in place. It’s quicker for me to fit this rack and the bikes too it than it is to fit bikes inside the car.

iain1775
    Free Member

Yep excellent
    Fitted my old BM 1 series despite Thule saying it wouldn’t
    Now use with some mont blanc straps and it fits my new car too
    Solid easy to fit lockable

passtherizla
    Free Member

arrived yesterday… fitted in about 30 minutes on my own no issues. The standard fittings work just fine, I guess they have to base the standard on something..? maybe they used a passat?

Any way great bit of stuff, just huge!

frogstomp

I had one of these before I went to a towbar rack.. you have to be a bit careful when fitting/removing otherwise you can ruin your paintwork with the clips. I found putting some ‘copter tape on the bodywork where the clips go helped prevent this..

passtherizla
    Free Member

ye ah will do thanks for the tip! mine came with some heli tape type stuff so I’ll get that on there just need to wash the car )or the spot where tape is going)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Thule clipon 9106 bike rack?’ is closed to new replies.