Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Thule 598, moving the tray forward ?
  • iainc

So there is more space to slide the front wheel holder forward ? Must be a way, can’t find it in instructions….

geoffj

The trays just slide until they hit the stops.
    Not sure that helps though 😕

I think I thought about this when I got mine and looked at moving the clamp assembly backward, but couldn’t. It’s not a problem with our Large Fat and Full Sus bikes.

iainc

Yeah, it’s the clamp assembly I mean, so there is more allloy channel in front of it. I need the tray to go about 2cm further forward than the stops..

geoffj

Yeah, it’s the clamp assembly I mean, so there is more allloy channel in front of it.

I don’t think it can be done, but I’d be delighted to be proved wrong.

iainc

Hmmmm…. I know it was possible with the older 591’s …

geoffj

Hmmmm…. I know it was possible with the older 591’s …

Yes it was, I think the pay off is that with the 598s it’s less faff swapping the clamp around for different sides of the vehicle.

iainc

Hmmm, thats bit rubbish…

nickdavies

I slide my front tray past the stops, end up about 1/3rd hanging off the front. Not been a problem yet.

phil5556

Would moving the upright clamp section backwards help? That’s what I had to do with mine, works fine.

iainc

Yes, moving black clamp back wrt the alloy rail is basically what I’d like to do. On the old 591 it was a case of getting into the bolts that connect the black clamp unit to the alloy rail section. Will have a look in daylight….

phil5556

I did it on my 598s. There’s two grey plastic half turn clips underneath I think. Undo them and underneath is the bolts that hold it to the rail.

iainc

^^^^ nice one, thanks 🙂

sprocker
    Free Member

Are they underneath a black plastic cap as I need to mine as well

geoffj

Any progress? Is it doable?

iainc

yes ! Did it earlier, undo the wee grey lock plates (the ones you use for swopping sides) and then molegrips onto 2 bolts, slacken, slide, redo. I moved the tray forward about 5cm, fits fine now.

geoffj

🙂

iainc

The bolts are a fiddle as no space for spanner or socket wrench

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Thule 598, moving the tray forward ?’ is closed to new replies.