• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gg14.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thule 591 proride – Giant Trance 26b compatibility
  • gg14
    Free Member

Can anyone confirm if a 2014 giant trance advanced is easily compatible with thule 591?

The down tube shape has me thinking it may be a problem but I’ll be glad to be proved wrong.

cheers.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Can’t speak for the 2014 shape frame, but my 2011 trance made me nervous on my Thule 591.
    The bend in the downtube is exactly where the clamp needs to go and the cables get in the way. It didn’t fall off or anything, but I wasn’t totally happy with it.

gg14
    Free Member

That was my worry with the bend in the frame. Cables are internally routed so that’s okay. Is it not possible to move the bar so it can clamp higher up on the frame away from the bend?

nickdavies

Can’t see it being a problem – you can move the jaw a bit but you need to clamp it as close to the bb as possible.
    My strive is worse than that as it clamps right on the shock box but it’s never come off through thousands of miles, but it did worry me. Just drop a toe strap around the jaw as a belt and braces measure and be careful taking it off as the jaw will probably hit the shock stanchion and scuff it.

warns74
    Free Member

Couple of bolts underneath, slide the clamp arm forward a bit and clamp it on the straight part after the bend…..simples.

That said my Stumpy fsr has a similar shape and clamps fine on the bend.

gg14
    Free Member

Thanks fellas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Thule 591 proride – Giant Trance 26b compatibility’ is closed to new replies.