Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thudbuster ST query
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Has anyone got the ST version of the thudbuster like this?

Could you do me a favour and measure the distance between the rails and the bottom of the knuckle? (i.e. how much seatpost you have to have showing for it to fit)

ta!

MrNutt
    Free Member

try this,

far more discrete 😀

MrTall
    Free Member

It's all on the Thudbuster website :-

http://www.thudbuster.com/details.html

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Know this is not helpful in reply to your post but I had a thudbuster many years ago, albeit the long travel one but it was the worse thing I have ever bought for my bike. Truly horrible to ride, there was a terrible top out after each bump, that I couldn't get rid of no matter what I did. And the difference the distance between the saddle and the pedals was very weird feeling. It also had the feeling of constantly moving, like riding a rocking horse.

It might just be me but I certainly wouldn't touch one with a barge pole. I went for a big-ish tubeless tyre and seat post with a bit of flex after that it was sooooo much better and more comfortable.

Thats not to say that you might like it, but just a warning, maybe save yourself the cash and tears later 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Thanks Mr Tall – why didn't I think to look there?

c-in-c, thanks, but its for the back of a tandem, you don't get a lot of warning of bumps as stoker, even if your Captain isn't daydreaming …

MrTall
    Free Member

And the other point of view –

I love my Thudbuster LT. Nothing but praise for it. Don't notice it working and take it for granted until you switch back to a rigid post and suddenly realise what a difference it makes. Made it far more comfortable to stay in the saddle on bumpy terrain (still get out the saddle for bigger hits) and helped ease my lower back pain on my hardtail.

Each to their own i guess! But i'll admit it's a tad fugly……

myheadsashed

+1 mr tall love my LT simple and it works………fit the correct elastomers.

epicyclo

I've got both sorts of Thudbuster. As a suspension seatpost they are better than anything else I have tried, and I would recommend them on that basis.

But what cows_in_cars says is true, a fatter tyre is a better option.

ratadog

I do have an LT on the 26er that I am more likely to bounce over rough stuff and it is by far the best suspension seatpost I have tried, better than either of the non parallelogram ones. Went for the big tyre and thin seaptpost option on my 29er but less likely to bounce that around.

scaredypants

I (heart) my LT

top-out – too firm elastomers for your puny weight ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Thudbuster ST query’ is closed to new replies.