Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Thrunton woods thursday mid day
  • fergal
    Free Member

Anyone been up there recently, looking to go for a spin in the afternoon, looking dry, anyone fancy it, the usual trails, possible start Coe crag end.

angryratio
    Free Member

Thrunton dry? never?

fergal
    Free Member

Expecting a bit of gloop, but have only been up there once all summer, looking like the best day all week, hoping to sketch death drop.

cabbage84
    Free Member

I went for a walk round the trails yesterday to see what condition they were in and they were very wet. The only route that wasnt to bad was the rocky route down from the top of the crag. V1, v2 and balcony were really wet and badly cut up in places. on the other side walked super g and skeleton and both were bad with skeleton being very wet

carbon337
    Free Member

Few of us riding at 7:30? You will need lights.

carbon337
    Free Member

BTW if anyone is interested we are only getting a maximum of 4 at build day sessions if you fancy getting your hands dirty.

P20

Are the tracks really that bad? I was fancying a run up there this week. Its been far far too long

carbon337
    Free Member

no they’re fine if your used to it – but its the nature of the beast really.

fergal
    Free Member

Shame looking to get an afternoon in with some company, treacle seems to be par for the course these days, will i survive the Eiger, yet to take a slide, but always think today is the day.

ps. not interested in putting gravel down on trails, HP sauce, super G a case in point, ridden to death and now happening to vector, thrunton trail builders keeping trails natural, yeah right!.

Drac

Sadly can’t get over as having some loft installation fitted. I’ll keep my eyes open for future rides in the area though.

carbon337
    Free Member

Fergal – your same old boring opinion

How about coming up with an alternative – then putting it in place with hours of work in rain and cold.

seanodav
    Free Member

Fergal your a male chicken mate. you come on here spouting all this shite as though you were riding these trails for years, you then come on trail builders forum and ask where the trails are!
    craw back under your rock.
    If you want to help keep the trails natural go ride somewhere else instead of trying to organise group rides with strangers.

toons
    Free Member

Fergal you still banging that drum!

carbon337
    Free Member

And continue riding on your own, never had a ban on here yet but every time you post I have an urge to unleash verbals your way.

Asking for your members money back was taking the piss too.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Death drop 🙁 maybe in a couple of years. Fark!

toons
    Free Member

I think Camel’s Hoof is worse than Death Drop

fergal
    Free Member

Seanodav classic group **** ride, i would rather put needles in my eyes, i have ridden all the trails there, i joined the thruntontrailbuilders site to hopefully find new trails, this proved to be a fruitless search, as it seems to be a few geeks that like to lay a few rocks across the trail and spread gravel, bit of a raw nerve it seems, it seems the original old school builders have lost interest.

Bye Ladies

ps. Toon know that one well

P20

Despite the work that has gone into Thrunton, i can still ride my original route. Its never been altered in the 15yrs i’ve been going. The additional tracks enhance the place. To complain about the trailbuilders maintaining the tracks is very bizarre 🙄

fergal
    Free Member

Have you seen the gash that has been done to the bottom of Vector, keeping the trails natural my arse!

toons
    Free Member

It sounds like you haven’t ridden the new stuff that carbon337 and Seanodav have been working on and it also sounds like you haven’t heard where the old school builder have been building 😉

seanodav
    Free Member

he’s been told nowt jamie, he only joined to find out, which is crazy when the trails are as bad as he says they are.
    He has also posted asking for guide down pink panther which if anyone knows it is crammed with man made features. he is very odd indeed

carbon337
    Free Member

Ridden the new old trail then Fergal? The one that’s just had about 30 man days on it. Oh and no gravel!

To criticise volunteers yet also happily ride their hardwork says enough to me. Come along at 7:30 I’d happily like to meet you and discuss it all. You’ve been invited many a time yet never turn up.

Managed PPanther yet? See nobody wanted to show you that either. Recurring theme here.

seanodav
    Free Member

Ohh and the geek that put those rocks at bottom of vector (flat boggy bit) was an old school builder 😆

fergal
    Free Member

Cripes handbags, the Pink Panther post was a piss take.

P20

I don’t know where all the tracks are. Equally i don’t have the time to help out, so i don’t expect the trail location or description to be handed to me on a plate. I appreciate what the trail builders have done. It feels natural and therefore will never feel perfect.

seanodav
    Free Member

will gladly show you p20, you seem like a nice guy unlike some who need help. 😉

P20

Cheers. I know of a gpx file which has tracked the majority of them 😉 But i’m happy doing the bits i’ve always done.

fergal
    Free Member

See you there at 12am seandav, really looking forward to shredding the gnar with ya.

seanodav
    Free Member

Taking from ttb forum
    (Ok so which one of you ladies is going to grow a pair and guide me down PP, i must admit gaps are not my forte but i’m game if you are)

sounds a fairly serious proposal to me, no? 😆

seanodav
    Free Member

sure mate!

right stw what tyres for gravel?

fergal
    Free Member

seanodav look help me out here, i can’t help myself, trolling fever, i will shut up now, i’m really not that bad in person, it’s all the cloak and dagger guff with Thrunton that winds me up.

seanodav
    Free Member

no cloak and dagger at all, i guess people just dislike you maybe?

however carl has offered to meet you a couple of times has he not?

fergal
    Free Member

How can people dislike me, you are giving me a complex, i dont mix with anyone that rides there, in fact i have only ever ridden by a handfull of people there and never solicited for trail beta, it’s the fact that the subject is persona non grata on here, and no one uses the trail builders site.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

How can people dislike me…

Probably just because of the way you conduct yourself.

fergal
    Free Member

pish! total gentleman in the flesh

Three_Fish
    Free Member

pish! total gentleman in the flesh

Then why go on like such a berk on the internets?

fergal
    Free Member

So how do i play the game on the interweb then, talk about cake?

P20

Did you read this before posting it?

ps. not interested in putting gravel down on trails, HP sauce, super G a case in point, ridden to death and now happening to vector, thrunton trail builders keeping trails natural, yeah right

Three_Fish
    Free Member

So how do i play the game on the interweb then, talk about cake?

Why do you have to play a game? Are you 11?

fergal
    Free Member

Thanks for the lecture uncle three fish, i’m off up the wooden hill to bedfordshire, nighty night XXX

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Thrunton woods thursday mid day’ is closed to new replies.