Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Three Phone Network – any good right now?
  • marcher
    Free Member

Sorry dull topic..

Due to change phone soon and the deals on three look too good. I know Three were supposed to be real bad a while back but has anyone had any problems with them recently?

Their reception looks good in my area but I have nothing else to go on really.

stevious

My sister constantly complains about their customer service, but then has stayed with them for years. I’m not sure if that says more about her or the network, though.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

It might help to know where your area is.

marcher
    Free Member

FYI Work in Tunbridge Wells and live near Purley

bobgarrod
    Free Member

I’m with 3. You do not want to ever have reason to contact their customer service if you can help it.

However they are cheap, which is what keeps me with them. Coverage seems ok – no worse or better than other networks I’ve tried.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Check your postcode on their website for signal strength?

Been with them for years and moved recently and internet signal was slow for a month now its super quick again.

I’m happy with them.

luke
    Free Member

Great until you have to speak to them as already said. I’ve been with them about 4 years now.

Farmer_John
    Free Member

They have more significantly better 3G coverage than any other network, and about 14,000 3G transmitters to Vodafone’s 8,000 3G transmitters. I think they still have a roaming agreement with Orange for 2G, so if you can’t get 3G on Three, you get 2G on orange for no extra cost. I’ve found out in the sticks that Three has coverage in some really surprising places where even the “old” networks don’t.

If you move networks via top-cashback.co.uk you can also get up to £90 cashback (not just on Three; all of the networks).

joemarshall
    Free Member

2g roaming has been turned off in a lot of areas now. They dumped it in Derbyshire, meaning that I no longer had Ssignal in my house or in much of our town, despite it showing on the map as okay coverage still. Really bad coverage in our area now, especially anywhere near a hill.

On the plus side they were honest about it once I got to a level of support that knew anything and let me out of my contract within a week with no extra charges and let me keep my expensive phone, despite only having had it a few months.

PePPeR

I and my family all use three, I’ve got nothing but good things to say about them, even their customer services!

We had a problem recently where the signal in our village went down and I rang them up, they apologised and halved all the monthly bills for our phones for 4 days low signal problems.

They are cheapish and reasonably reliable, certainly no worse than my works vodafone and have much much faster 3G!

marcher
    Free Member

Thanks for your time and comments, much appreciated.

Thanks for the cashback tip too!

Olly
    Free Member

They have more significantly better 3G coverage than any other network, and about 14,000 3G transmitters to Vodafone’s 8,000 3G transmitters. I think they still have a roaming agreement with Orange for 2G, so if you can’t get 3G on Three, you get 2G on orange for no extra cost. I’ve found out in the sticks that Three has coverage in some really surprising places where even the “old” networks don’t.

applies in devon still for sure, not that i ever need it. i find the coverage fine, better the some other networks.

They kept calling me to try and sell me a new contract:

“how would you like the same deal your on now, but for a fiver less”

“yes please, do i get to cancel my current contract penalty free?”

“no you will need to keep the existing contract”

“what, and have two identical phones on the same network, why would i do that?”

“thats not my problem sir”

“your an idiot, please remove me from your calling list you plebs”

and they did, and now life is quiet again.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I moved from vodafone to three a year ago (personal and business for 10 yrs or so, I had a bit of a I had a disagreement with them over an upgrade.. ) So I got this ere’ galaxy S. I’ve found the coverage decent enough, better than vodafone where I live, but in the South Downs it’s patchy. But everywhere else I’ve been it’s been fine..even deepest Spain (yes yes I know it uses a different network) I’ve only used customer service once, and they were just fine.
    So, all good here.

carbon337
    Free Member

Think i will be heading there way in August too for an Iphone 4 or maybe Sept on an iphone 5 😉

colande
    Free Member

i recently left 3, after 18 months contract,
    couldn’t wait to leave as the coverage in my area was terrible, just outside bath in the countryside,

my own fault really as i should have check the signal checker,
    but i found it generally not great, even on a 4th top floor flat in central london, also central bristol was sporadic

i’m back with tmobile, equally as cheap,
    but they have merged with orange so you get to use their signal,
    they originally said you can only use their signal for calls, but i’ve been connected to tmobile-orange signal able to access 3G.

it probably not best to ask on here which network has the best signal, as we’ll all have differing stories
    best is to ask friends that live close,
    or get some free pay as you sim cards and see what the signal is like,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Three Phone Network – any good right now?’ is closed to new replies.