Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Three mobile users – sudden loss of signal (last week / this week)
  • joemarshall
    Free Member

Anyone else suddenly finding (as of about last week), that they lost a lot of signal on three? In my case, I no longer have any signal at my house, or within about 100m of it. It also works a lot worse on buses and trains, and I only have one rather flaky bar at work.

Anyway, In case you have noticed this, I phoned three about it, and they have basically said “yes, we switched off all the 2g masts without telling anyone”. In large areas of the country, they only support 3g, with no fallback. Which appears to mean for us, no signal any more. It is a right pain – they could at least have told us in advance that they were turning off our local masts – it is quite a hilly area (in Derbyshire), so 3g signal is very patchy.

The good news is that they appear to be cancelling my contract, so at least I might be able to move to Orange or t-mobile, who do have good signal. Poor customer support guy on the phone said that he was going through 60 people in our (small) town who’d called and telling them all this.

Joe

hora
    Free Member

I’ve not noticed but I am running an older phone. About to upgrade to a 3 Blackberry 2700 Bold though – is this a 2g?!

warton
    Free Member

hmm, I noticed this yesterday in Whitley bay.

I’ve just ordered a new phone and contract through them as well, which is a big worry, couldn’t make calls at all yesterday from my house. I’ll look into it. If this is the case, the phone is going straight back.

warton
    Free Member

actually yesterday was weird. couldn’t make or receive calls, but could with texts. couldn’t use a twitter app I have either….

rootes1

yep… seems sort now though

joemarshall
    Free Member

Go to somewhere that you have signal, and call 333, and let them know. They took about 24 hours to call me back to say they’d looked into it and they’d cancel my contract, then you have another 3-4 days (supposedly) before the cancellation team call you.

Joe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Three mobile users – sudden loss of signal (last week / this week)’ is closed to new replies.