Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Three Mobile
  • JCornford

I’m looking at going with them and was wondering what the nation wide coverage is like? I know it is good near where I live but am curious to know what it is like further afield.

yossarian
    Free Member

generally ok down in east kent

JCornford

Cheers, I’m in East Sussex, so at least I know around home it is fine, but what about when I travel around the country?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

It’ll be poor in some areas and great in others……………….
    http://www.three.co.uk/Help_Support/Coverage

What goes through your mind “I have a question the internet can easily answer by looking in the right place…..I know I’ll go to a bike forum and ask someone else to use google for me!”???

Olly
    Free Member

ive had no problems.

turns out, in some areas, if they cant get onto a 3 mast, they will hook onto another network at no cost to you.
    i asked in the shop about it, and they said that didnt happen anymore, but it certainly happens down the SW.
    reception remains fine, intenet speeds drop, and you get a little “roaming” logo pop up.

really happy with my HTC wildfire,
    intrnet speed test website reckons i get 2GB DL speed (600mb UL)
    which can be reveresed down the wifi as a wireless hotspot for my laptop 😀

cant for the life of me chew through my 1gb limit (tend to use 700mb a month)
    and of the 5000 texts and 5000 mins (or somthing like that) i use less than 50 texts, and probably no more than 50 mins in a month.
    overkill for me, but im in the contract now, and its not excessive.

iain1775
    Free Member

none in peak district
    limited in Perth, Scotland
    otherwise been reasonable anywhere else Ive been, not up there with Orange or Vodafone but as good as o2 I would say

Its passable is probably the best way I would describe it. I only went with them as they where cheapest for an iphone, and if I have no signal I can always use my work mobile anyway (Orange)

JCornford

No Hexhamstu you are wrong. My thinking was ask a big group of people what their personal experience was rather than take the phone companies word as gospel. Many people on here will have used Three and other networks in the past and would be able to say is better than x, worse than y etc etc

colande
    Free Member

I don’t have brand loyalty with the mobile phone providers
    have been with nearly all the providers over the years.

erm, I changed from tmobile about 17months ago to 3 and generally not impressed with them coverage wise,

they are going to be the 1st provider I’ve ditched due to poor coverage.
    I’m gonna go back to tmobile as they also used the orange network.
    tmobile are well priced as well!

I wouldn’t recommend them in general.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Three Mobile’ is closed to new replies.