Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)
  • Three days short of the five year 'All Clear'…
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Shit, best of luck with the tests, fingers crossed it’s not as bad as you fear. Either way;

smash cancer in the balls

senorj

Best of luck to you, again 🙁
    ….five years! where has that gone?

TiRed

Very best wishes. It’s a roller coaster you can never get off.

Lumps and bumps (shudder). Could be other reasons besides the worst case.

My Stage IV melanoma suffering sister is running the London Marathon in two weeks time. Never thought she’d be here.

toppers3933
    Free Member

God **** dammit this stupid **** **** of a shit of a disease.

Stay strong Oh captain, My captain. #teambullheartforever. ????

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Potentially a bit of a shitter but you’re a tough fella, have a supportive and loving family………..plus the love of the STW hive mind. We’ll help you kick it’s arse again. Best wishes.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Mark you beat the odds before, you can do it again! You’ve clearly got so much to live for with Meg and your kids.
    You really helped me, I’m feeling much more positive now about beating my own odds. I and others will gladly help you where we can.
    Once I’m properly discharged and in remission I look forward to meeting again but for a ride next time fingers crossed not a hospital visit.
    Best of luck
    Keith

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Can’t really add much that hasn’t already been said, but keep fightin’ fella!

lowey

5 years.. really…

That sucks big time. If anyone can kick its arse its you mate. Best wishes and thoughts with you all.

deluded
    Free Member

How you getting on?

surfer
    Free Member

As others have said your a tough bugger and we all watched in awe 5 yrs ago. Good luck fella 🙂

bullheart
    Free Member

Hello all,

Firstly, thank you for all of your kind words. Whilst I hadn’t forgottten the impact of STW support the first time around, there does tend to be a ‘distance over time’ aspect that can make you forget the significance of other people having your back.

There is no further information regarding the swelling. We know that the ultrasound very clearly shows three sites on the chest wall muscle, which would tie in with the metastases on my sternum. I am booked in for both a PET MRI and Cardiac MRI (although I think this is a red herring; there are none of the physiological traits that marked the first time) and there is no doubt that the responses from the Ultrasound team at UCL and my own oncologist denote a sense of urgency and inevitability about what is transpiring. Prof. Hall-Craggs is very much regarded as at the top of her game internationally, and she told me that, despite having over 30 years experience of oncological ultrasound, she had never seen anything like what was happening in my back and chest at this point in time.

The irony? I don’t feel unwell. Back hurts a bit, but I’ve got two kids under four; we’re doing a lot of work on the house; my work is busy and I haven’t slept in the family bed since my second daughter was born last August. So theoretically there are any number of factors that could lead to the extensive swelling in my side. But in reality I think there’s only one explanation.

I’m a very, very lucky man. Over five and a half years ago I was given less than sixth months to live. I was instructed to prepare myself. I received so many pitying looks from people, including former friends and family members. But since then I have experienced the utter joy of fatherhood; of being part of a matrimonial union that (though sometimes difficult) changed my perspective on lifelong commitment; having my faith restored in humanity by the unselfish nature and abject kindness strangers. I’ve been a better man in the last nine years than I ever would have hoped to be before, having spent most of my days bitter and jaded prior to the healing process of meeting my astonishing wife Megan and realising the true meaning of love.

So as before. Get the diagnosis on Friday. Batton down the hatches. Ignore the odds. Destroy the cancer.

Because as Junky said:

Not now Cancer. I’m busy

scotia
    Free Member

Mark, fingers crossed for a diagnosis that isnt as feared but if necessary remember the 1st time how you dealt with it, give it the same treatment.
    STW is here for you, dont forget that.

All the best.

Kryton57

significance of other people having your back.

Don’t under estimate the significance of your bravery and determination on others. Strength be with you bullheart to kick this thing away for good. We are all rooting for you, you will do this but hopefully you won’t need to.

Nobby

Sorry to hear this Bullheart – the Tshirt will be out again today.

I’m rubbish with words but echo the sentiments of the collective, especially Krypton. Am currently helping the FIL through his treatment for asbestosis and your story has been used to inspire him to change from accepting the inevitable to someone looking to beat this filthy disease.

It might be a rematch but I don’t fancy it’s chances against you this time either.

All our thoughts are with you and yours.

deepreddave
    Free Member

So sad to read this and my thoughts are with you and your family.
    Please post as you go. I say this as last time you were genuinely inspirational and that’s coming from someone who’s lost friends and colleagues to cancer but never suffered personally. I have told your story to many impacted by cancer and know just how much inspirational success stories mean to those who are fighting it especially as the web is often the first port of call for knowledge and great success stories seem in short demand.

I’ve every confidence you’ll beat it again and add to the medical knowledge in hand for future sufferers. Whatever the outcome you’ve had, and will continue to have, for many years to come a wonderfully positive, insightful and tear jerking impact on those affected by a disease we’re gradually getting to terms with.

Go Mark, Go Bullheart. I look forward to reading beautifully honest and well written posts charting the ups and downs along the way with another happy ending and t-shirt version 2 🙂

tyke
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for you. As others have said if anyone can overcome this setback it’s you. Can’t believe it’s been 5 years. Stay strong.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Good luck Bullheart and sending a hug!

NZCol

Mark, a bit lost for words here but from my Seren to your Seren we are all behind you and will be rooting for you to boot this in the balls, again. I’m gutted for you and the family, truly. Much strength to you all

garage-dweller

Bullheart I have nothing of value to add to much better informed comments above but I regardless wish you the best of luck to supplement the determination you showed in winning round 1 and may the professionals of the Nhs demonstrate just how awesome they can be.

julesf7
    Free Member

Dear Mark – I didn’t post last time and was stymied in getting the day free to ride with you on the LeJOG, but followed your progress from afar with interest. Yet again your words have made tears well up in the eyes of both my wife and I can only wish you, and all those close to you, all the strength, wisdom and support possible. I have learned much from the wisdom with which you express yourself, I hope that you can, once again, be too busy for cancer and continue to be an inspiration for many. We have your back…

BigJohn

Mark – I hope this forum gives you strength. I know your posts give strength to others who have tough battles, so if for no other reason – do it for them!

Good luck mate.

dirtyboy

Fight like a beast. Best wishes

toppers3933
    Free Member

It’s a little dusty in here this morning. 😐
    When we met at mayhem all those years ago the man I met never did resemble the man you described yourself as being. I felt an immediate respect for you then which remains to this day. There was a humble determination to succeed and beat the odds more for meg and the future that could be than for anything else.

NZCol

Mark, it’s Friday, best of luck, massive fingers, toes crossed for the news and just to reiterate the support you have. Anything you need just ask.

scotia
    Free Member

As Nzcol says really. Thinking of you. Bon courage, tu peux le faire.

deluded
    Free Member

As above – hope it went as well as it possibly could.

camo16
    Free Member

Not much to add, really, except best wishes and hope that all turns out to be better than imagined. Fingers, toes and willy crossed for you Bullheart.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Don’t under estimate the significance of your bravery and determination on others

THIS
    Beautiful post as well from you. Very moving

I am not crossing my willy for you but everything else is

AdamW
    Free Member

I’ve crossed my willy for you. And so has my wife*. 🙂

Good luck Bullheart!

(*-may not be true, either the willy or the wife bit)

geoffj

All the best to you and your family.
    This relatively new stw meme seems strangely appropriate.
    Hoof it in the slats!

nickhart
    Free Member

My heart and thoughts go out to you. You have been and remain an inspiration to many, me included and I hope you understand how amazing you are.
    Sending you hugs and love. Manly type obviously.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yeah Hoof that melon farmer

Thoughts with you dude

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Thinking of you tonight bloke.

duckman

Bullheart;your strength and tenacity,combined with your obvious humanity in the original thread gave me the impetus I needed to cope with a huge(to me) bump that had made me decide I was going to quietly step off the bus. Your sheer level of dog and lust for survival gave me a perspective I was struggling to achieve. I am sure there are others who could share similar tales. Now; if the news is bad,kick it in the balls again,cancer is clearly bloody stupid coming near you again!
    Good luck fella.

toppers3933
    Free Member

deleted.

alexxx
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2HcRl4wSk[/video]

You can do it.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Thinking of you fella.

deepreddave
    Free Member

^^^^ yep here too.

scotia
    Free Member

Hello Mark – any news? Hope you are doing ok.

DezB
    Free Member

There’s news on his Facebook page.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Three days short of the five year 'All Clear'…’ is closed to new replies.