• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by km79.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Threadlocking suspension bolts
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Should I be threadlocking my bolts? I’ve taken out the rear shock to do an air can service and seems like I was in Hulk Hogan mode to put the bolts in. Should they be in with less force but with threadlock as I don’t want them falling out while in riding.
    Bikes a mondraker foxy if anyone knows the correct torque settings

jimw
    Free Member

I would always use treadlock on any suspension or brake bolt unless explicitly told not to by manufacturer.
    Overtorquing won’t necessarily prevent them vibrating loose and is more likely to lead to stripped threads.

google found this if it helps and suggests 8Nm for part 17 which Seems a standard setting if my bikes are anything to go by

https://www.mondraker.com/uploads/files/foxy-589dae49c8ce9-sparepartsn.pdf

deadkenny
    Free Member

Over torqueing could leave you with snapped bolt. Done that with pivot bolt.

Thread lock should be fine and it’s typical for those bolts. Take the bolt out, does it have dry residue of factory thread lock?

bigyim
    Free Member

Jim w your Google powers are strong! That’s a great find. I work on cars all day so I think im in the mindset of tightening them rock solid

nixie

Surely if your working on cars all day your mindset should be reach for the torque wrench!

bigyim
    Free Member

Yep. Of course. Always got the torque wrench out. One hudduah or two huddah with the impact gun.

km79
    Free Member

Should I be threadlocking my bolts?

I always do yes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Threadlocking suspension bolts’ is closed to new replies.