Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thoughts please….
  • OrangeLad
    Free Member

….Right I purchased a pair of forks of ebay. The description said they were used but didn’t mention any stanchion damage (deep chip) or a clunk when they top out nor did it mention that the lockout or rebound didn’t work. Now I know I got them at a good price but is it fair to expect that the fork is working if faults aren’t mentioned regardless of the price?

The seller has become a complete ar$e and after a couple of emails with conflicting information then has resorting to telling me to get them serviced and stop moaning, they have now stopped replying to emails altogether.

Is it fair to want a refund? discuss?

donsimon
    Free Member

Difficult to say as most stories have two sides. I would expect that a seller would say whether the forks were working or not working as this is quite fundamental. Scratches and dents you casn live with if the price is right.
    More info would be needed before saying one way or the other.
    Copy and paste the exact wording of the ad?

OrangeLad
    Free Member

Here is the wording.

Rockshox recon Mtb fork , 140mm travel , steerer tube is 190 mm long , width of steerer tube is the standard 1 and 1/8th inch width and the forks are air sprung thanks any questions please ask.

I can live with the pain chips in the lowers I expect those but the stanchion is the real concern as it does drag oil through and will let dirt past the seal. I could fill it but I feel there is a principle here.

donsimon
    Free Member

Seller doesn’t say anything about the condition, so what questions did you ask? As you said you got them at a good price, as you know if something appears to be too good to be true, it usually is, no?

Junkyard
    Free Member

they new what they were doing as those forks should be described as service/repair IMHO. No one can miss all that out of an ad by accident. It is a skillfully worded ad that avoids making any claims so I am certain they knew what they were doing. Servicing wont fix your issues.
    I would file a dispute and hope they side with you tbh but perhaps this is caveat emptor [ buyer beware] but IMHO they sold some forks they knew were knackered so [morally] you are in the right

OrangeLad
    Free Member

To be honest I didn’t ask any questions because the information given was enough to know they would fit the frame and given that no major defects were mentioned I had no reason to assume that they would be in such a poor state. When I say a good price £75 seemed reasonable to a 3-4 year old fork in working order?

donsimon
    Free Member

Based on that I think you’ll have to put it down to experience. Give it a go, if it was Ebay/Paypal, as the seller didn’t describe correctly, you might get lucky.
    Otherwise caveat emptor I’m afraid.

OrangeLad
    Free Member

I would have thought the seller policy would negate that as it specifically says that “Provide a clear, honest, and accurate description about the item.”

Suggsey
    Free Member

Definitely register a dispute with ebay/paypal you should get a refund-seller is out of order if none of the damage was mentioned as the fork is effectively not suitable for purpose even if it is second hand.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts please….’ is closed to new replies.