Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Thoughts on Toyota Corolla and Admiral Insurance
  • Duane…
    Free Member

As title really.

1. 2000 TOYOTA COROLLA 1.4 VVTi GS 3dr Hatchback
    http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/TOYOTA+COROLLA/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-13-29-240-4294966227-4294967144/advert.action?R=200934340036335&distance=35&postcode=ll28+5ys&channel=CARS&make=TOYOTA&model=COROLLA&min_pr=500&max_pr=2000&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2000&vehicleRegLetter=W

Pretty much identical to the one in the above link, but pretty much twice as much £s (lower mileage, and its from a proper Toyota dealer).

Its to replace my P reg Clio.
    Are they any good?

2. Admiral insurance, to insure the afore-mentioned car (or whatever car I get in the end), 3rd Party fire and theft.
    By far the best quote Ive found.
    They any good? Pay out if/when you claim?

Any thoughts/opinions would be great.

Ta, Duane.

Inbred456
    Free Member

For 900 quid its a steal. Mega reliable just change the oil regularly and forget about it. Engine wont even be run in yet.

Duane…
    Free Member

"Pretty much identical to the one in the above link, but pretty much twice as much £s (lower mileage, and its from a proper Toyota dealer)."

downshep

Been with Admiral for about 15 years. Only one claim (the wife rear ended someone whilst driving my car) but they were fine with me providing 2 quotes from a franchised main dealer rather than using their contracted repairer.

Things to watch out for….

After the bump, the 'protected' NCD was still 'protected' on paper but the following year's premium hike suggested otherwise.

Car hire cover can be extra, as is legal assistance for a non-fault accident. Read the small print in the policy schedule.

Every single year at renewal time, they post out the new certificate, premium and policy schedule. Every year I go online to their site, type in my driving history under a false name and find that it is cheaper. We have a chat and they always round it down.

Corolla's are magic, totally anonymous and utterly reliable.

cp

Quite possibly the most reliable car going. When you own them, they do have a certain purposeful charm.

DickBarton

A very good insurance company – I've been with them all my car owning years (only about 4 – been driving for 15 though). Owned 3 cars and the first 2 I managed to write off – one wasn't entirely my fault as it was black ice and the other I rear-ended my mate's fiance's car.

Both times the process for claiming was pain-free although I had a bit of a debate on the price for the replacement vehicle on the second write-off but that was down to the vehicle itself and not Admiral.

Been very helpful and a good price, each year the premium gets lower – I have a multi-car policy and both prices have reduced on a yearly basis – depsite my 2 previous incidents.

My 3rd car is now going in for repair today as 'some dozy old bint drove into the side of me' (this makes it sound far more dramatic than it actually was as she just kissed the rear side of my car and removed paint) – she claimed complate responsibility and Admiral went and sorted everything out – apparently with the fully comp you get a hire car included and there is legal aid and all that. Only real issue I have is the hire car was claimed to cost me nothing, but I'm now told if I don't pay a crash waiver thing I'll be liable for a £250 fee regardless of who causes the damage – so much for the no cost to me as I suggested it would be the driver who put my car into the garage that would pay but that didn't wash!

I'm well chuffed with Admiral, been very very good for me and I can't recomment them enough.

With just 3rd Party/Fire and Theft you won't get a pay out unless the car is torched or stolen – I've no experience of that kind of insurance, but with fully comp, Admiral are very good.

Drac

Get a quote for fully comp too when I last had to pay for insurance it was about £12 a year more for fully comp than 3rd party F+T. That wasn't Admiral mind so they may be different.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Bought a '55 plate one this year as a 2nd car, great small car for running around in. But fully loaded(2 adults 3 kids) it does struggle a bit!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

I was with admiral for years and had no bother whatsoever, unfortunately the renewal quote wasn't upto much this year so i moved insurers…..alls fair in love and war i suppose! 😕

FuzzyWuzzy

I was impressed with Admiral when I had to make a claim (car on bricks, wheels taken). They even paid the full amount for the replacement tyres (model of my choosing – £200 each) after I produced receipts showing the stolen ones were only a couple of months old.
    Last renewal I just did an online comparison and the cheapest was £150 cheaper than Admiral so phoned Admiral up asking them to match it (but being prepared to settle for it being within £50) and they ended up doing it for even less than the online offer so well worth calling them at renewal time.

simon_g

I've bounced around between the Admiral-group companies (they own Bell Direct, Elephant and also Diamond if you're a girl, all in the same building in Cardiff) for several years as they've been by far the cheapest for my circumstances.

The reason I've moved around has been because of what people say about the renewal – although bizarrely this year my renewal was cheapest.

Have had to deal with three claims (one of them for glass) through them and they've handled them fine, no complaints there. Not had any problems changing cars or getting temporary cover (adding people or cars to my policy) either.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts on Toyota Corolla and Admiral Insurance’ is closed to new replies.