Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thoughts on the Cotic Soul 27.5
  • Aus
    Free Member

Have dabbled with 29er but always return to my old 26 Dekerf(quite old now). Wondering of 27.5 would suit my singletrack, shortish, nippy rides better? Have always liked the look and sound of Cotics … any views on the Cotic 27.5 for fast(ish) singletrack duties, and big difference from an old 26er?

Cheers

metalheart
    Free Member

Nearer a 26er than a 29er that’s for sure.

My mate got a 27.5 Soul, been out with him and swapped with my med Solaris, kinda felt pretty much like my mk1 Soul…..

vincienup
    Free Member

I love mine to bits.

I’ve got one of the powder coat and decals on top ones that were slightly remanufactured in the UK in late 2014(some gussetting added and a refinish was it I think – never investigated why a batch were being remanufactured like that) I think it’s a sort of Mk 0.9 Soul275 🙂

Built up with Hope Hoop Flow Ex’s, 130 Revs, KS Dropper and short stem/wide bar (50 and 760) with SRAM X9 2×10 and SLX cranks and brakes and a Dampf/Nic combo it’s a an involving ride, fast and surefooted. It’s not as playfully springy as my Mk2 Soul 26er – it’s a much tougher frame without being Aluminium harsh. I’d not feel cheated if I bought another today although I’d build around a shortish Pike and 1×11 now and as I wear stuff out that’s exactlywhat wil happen. It’ll happily stand up to anything in the Dales or Peaks and take stuff like Guisborough woods in its stride too.

My only problem with it is the number of very similar bikes I’m starting to pile up after giving in to 29er curious and building a Solaris. I’m not sure I want to part with my Soul though.

iainc

I have a late Mk3 26 and would replace it with a 27.5 without hesitation ………but only if I had to…..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I had a mk1, 2 and 3 soul. The original was the best without question. Pre-CEN springy loveliness….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts on the Cotic Soul 27.5’ is closed to new replies.