Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Thoughts on Stanton Slackline.
  • sv

I was thinking the longer the tube the easier it is to bend, the Slackline seatstay tubes run past the seat tube and onto the top tube. Whereas something like a 456 has very short seatstays.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Blind test either of us and I bet neither of us find the slackline 25odd% better.
    Entirely relevant.

Exactly.

But middle aged men who have lots of spare cash and cant ride for toffee like to pay a premium for an 853 sticker.

Theres loads of frames kicking about that a just like the Stanton, except they’re all made from bog standard chromo and are priced cheaply so the kids’ll buy em.

They dont get a look in on here due to the fact they only cost a couple of hundred quid and dont have an 853 sticker on the seat tube.

takisawa2

Slackline is 853 throughout,

You sure ? I though it wasn’t possible to produce rear ends in 853 due to tubing limitations…

My Inbred had exactly the same geometry as my Niner, but was made from Cro-Moly. I can tell I’m riding the Niner. 🙂

Northwind

wrecker – Member

Blind test either of us and I bet neither of us find the slackline 25odd% better.

Who said anything about better? You buy the bike you like most not the bike that’s “best”, and these 2 are a little different.

As for 853 stickers, my Soul didn’t have one 😉 What cheap frames are just like a Stanton? Genuinely interested…

GW
    Free Member

So should I be looking for something aluminium with 100mm forks and the saddle slammed? On second thoughts I couldn’t handle something like that.

😆
    How bored were you when you started this thread?

GW
    Free Member

NW – check out almost any cheap cromo DJ frame (pay attn to TT lengths tho), stick a silly long fork on it and other than a higher BB it will actually be fairly similar in Geom.

sv

The NS Bikes Surge isnt to far of the Stanton, slightly shorter (or longer if you wish) chainstays and a slightly longer TT. Talking mm here though, I do like my Surge 🙂

Northwind

GW- sounds fairly different then tbh, even leaving aside whether the frame feels the same.

chiefgrooveguru

Takisawa, you’re right, Slackline has 525 stays, 853 front triangle.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Wasn’t bored at all. Stanton have put some frames on ebay and I thought I might get one if they were going cheap. As it is they are probably going to go for around £300 so I’ll give them a miss. Thought I’d try the STW habit of getting something new in the hope that it’d turn me into a riding god 😉 I’ll just have to try practising on what I’ve got instead.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

quite like the slackline and know two people who have one, and both like them

geometry is similar to the brodie ti holeshot with the big exception that the chainstay length on the slacky is much shorter

GW
    Free Member

GW- sounds fairly different then tbh

Why? because of the BB height raise I mentioned from fitting a longer fork?
    there are plenty DJ frames around with sub 12″ BB heights, a DJ frame with a low BB would work out fairly similar.

I CBA finding one for you tho

v666ern
    Free Member

have we finished bickering…any more test ride experiences?

DK
    Free Member

Rode one at UK Gravity enduro round 4, Eastridge woods.
    It was sweeeet!

stanfree
    Free Member

Stevenmenmuir what you really need is a Orange non decalled Dialled PA ridden by a ELMTB legend who can hit all the jumps at Mussi BMX track . E mail in profile. 😆

ncasini
    Free Member

First post on here so hello to all.

Upgrading from a 15 year old fully rigid GT, you could argue that any new bike of this type would be infinitely better; and you’d be correct.

However, even as someone with my limited experience of ‘modern’ bikes, you can easily identify the riding characteristics that have been advertised – both from Stanton themselves and all those that have ridden them.

Better or worse than all the aforementioned bikes? Probably not. Does what it says on the tin? Absolutely.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Slackline now £460 😥

crotchrocket
    Free Member

my buddy had a 456, blue pig then a Slackline. now has a Glory.

I’ve ridden them all & the Slackline has the best paint by a yard.

Also: it proves the slackline makes you a DH god. HTH

tymbian
    Free Member

Sorry to re open this thread but I’m after said Slackline frame for these reasons…
    – I really liking the Long travel hardtail thing..
    – prefer the give/ flex of steel
    – Like the Blue Pig x but the adjustable Drop-outs of the Sovereign ( hence the stanton for it’s short rear )

doesn’t seem to be many options out there that fit the bill. I like the Sovereign but it’s easier to buy hens teeth. Like the Pig x but worried about the long rear not being as flickable/ manual..able

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts on Stanton Slackline.’ is closed to new replies.