Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thoughts and feedback on Hope R8
  • leftyboy
    Free Member

Hi

Is anyone running a Hope R8 and if you are what’s your thoughts on it.

I have a Hope Vision 2 on the bars and a 1000 lumen Magicshine on my lid. I ride with contact lenses and for reasons that are way to boring to relate I can’t improve my prescription so I’m thinking of adding more light so I can continue to night ride.

I love the Hope’s build quality, I’m a self confessed Hope fanboy, but the R8 is a lot of cash and I can’t find any reviews as it’s too new.

I don’t want to buy a cheap Chinese knockoff and the other makes I’m considering are Lumicycle and Exposure.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

The light unit itself is superb, it’s really quite light brilliantly well made and the button lights up to tell you what mode your in….. The massive downside to it is the battery is fairly huge a 6 cell one that is to big to fit on a stem and due to its size I think it would be a struggle to fit securely on the frame too

It is fantastically well made though and looks real quality I’m seriously tempted but put off by the battery size tbh

tomaso
    Free Member

I can recommend the conversion to XML LEDs for the Hope 2 by trout on the forum. Better quality than Chinese and you get to reuse that nice case 🙂

leftyboy
    Free Member

Yes the battery looks huge but wondering if the head unit would be OK on my lid with the battery in my camelback?

Considered converting the Vision 2 but going to use that on the road bike for commuting rather keep swapping from one bike to the other.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hmmm not sure id want the light unit as a helmet light TBH, never even thought of it as one it looks too big, would be a bar mounted light for me

that is of course if i could find a way to mount the huge battery!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts and feedback on Hope R8’ is closed to new replies.