Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Thought the FC had no money?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

But they’ve managed to spend £100000 “up-grading” paths in one of our local woods. What used to be lovely, interesting, generally dry and for me, fun, trails are now mini hardcore motorways. There was a really muddy section which did need something doing to it but the rest has been completely unnecessary. Can’t even imagine they ever had any complaints apart from the odd one about the afore mentioned muddy section. But they are woodland paths ffs.

stumpyjon

Probably got a grant for an external body. There are other users of the forests out there who don’t always appreciate the same trail conditions we do.

gamo
    Free Member

Steven they are now dead good for joint smoking buggy pushing young ned parents!!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

whereabouts?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I was just glad they hadn’t gone too far up but a lot of what they have done wasn’t needing done.

gamo
    Free Member

I think the main path along the Esk is now great for walkers etc but how far they have gone up into the woods is ridiculous! have ridden there for
    twenty odd years and other than passing through its all a bit cack now:(

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

But apart from the odd short steep bit that path was fine. The one along the top was nearly always muddy and I only went along it when it was pretty much dry but the last swoopy drop to the river was always dry and needed no work doing to it. If you go for a walk in the woods expect a bit of mud at certain times of the year.

warton
    Free Member

Without knowing the location, and assuming it isn’t an MTB specific trail

Wheelchair users
    Young families
    Other cyclists
    Horses
    Walkers
    Runners

All have rights to get access into fc land

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m not saying this as a mountain biker, more as someone that thinks it’s out of place. Even though they have surfaced it the gradients aren’t that suitable for wheelchairs, I’d have thought walkers,runners and horse riders would also have preferred it as it was. If you make it easy for people to access the woods you’ll also get more neds drinking and swearing. Also if the woods are busier then a lot of the wildlife moves away to somewhere quieter. It just looks wrong. And it’s an obscene amount of money for a couple of km’s of paths.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wherabouts?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I could tell you but then I’d have to cut off all your hair. Thinking of a wee trail clearing session, help me move some wind fall and I’ll show you some trails. Better than East Lothians, according to CoastKid.

gamo
    Free Member

Steven gimme a shout if you need a hand, there are a few bits needing some work at the moment.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

The gradients arnt that suitable for wheelchairs

Perhaps for yours!

http://www.allterrain4x4wheelchairs.co.uk/#content

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Couple of trees down either side of the golf course that could be shifted with a few bodies one evening or Sunday morning. Might get down with a small saw and make a start in the next week.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

FC should have bought have a dozen of those beach wheelchairs and saved themselves some money 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Thought the FC had no money?’ is closed to new replies.