Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Those Montane Velo jackets …
  • cinnamon_girl

How small do they pack up please? What’s the sizing like?

Just looking for something to repel the odd Summer shower and keep the wind off rather than using my full-on Paclite.

As always, thanks. 🙂

turtleheading
    Free Member

Tiny! Like the size of your fist. Went for a medium, and it fits ok but is quite baggy/flappy with lots of drag, go for a smaller one than you think imo

Northwind

They are exactly what you’re after. Not massively waterproof- big hard raindrops seem to go straight through it in fact- but it dries out in minutes, it’s pretty windproof, and it’s surprisingly unsweaty.

Mine is bigger than my fist but then I have small hands 😉 It’s roughly the size of a coke can.

The gilet’s also great- possibly better, in fact, since it’s so small it can just live in the bottom of your pack forever. Gilets rule.

druidh
    Free Member

As turtleheading says – they come up big.

Showerproof at best – and you’ll need to treat it occasionally (wash-in proofer, not a box of chocolates).

singletrackmind

Small , Smaller than a grapefruit . More like an Orange / Tennis ball really .
    I have a Mens Large and it fits me fine , nice and long in the arm and decent length dropped back .
    Medium for you probably.
    Very light and very thin Pertex material , ideal for ‘summer’ road rides if you are unsure about getting caught in a shower.
    Not 100% waterproof , showerproof yes and very windproof.
    Vents on the back might or might not work .
    Unsure of how they will stand up to long term off road use, but at £39 as long as its a year or 2 I’d be happy.
    Regards
    rob

cinnamon_girl

Excellent information, thanks very much! 8)

cinnamon_girl

Thanks stm! Hope you are well?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Those Montane Velo jackets …’ is closed to new replies.