Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Those ever so popular DX lights, beam shots please?
  • beefy

Anyone got a picture from one of these? They appear to be like the inbred of the light world (ie cheap and popular), but is the light very usable? I have a cree 320 lumen torch for my helmet which is fine, but a bit hot spotty, just want to know if the dx one is the same.

Ta

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Which DX are you talking about? Flashlight or the Bastid one?

beefy

The Bike light one, you know 900 lumens, separate battery, you know this one:DX light

trout
    Free Member

beam shots from the early Bastid
    I dont know if the tint is still there in the later ones

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Well as the beam shots from my own light are used a fair amount, I would like to add my thoughts, having used it for a while.

It's not great, TBH I was happy using a 12w Lumi spot, but being one for the latest & greatest I 'bought into the technology'. My mate is currently using my old Lumi & its perfectly usable, a nice warm light that doesn't just blur things. And it has the same, if not more 'usable' light, but again its subjective.
    Yes this throws out much more light, yes it is much lighter, yes the run time is longer, yes it only cost £50.

So, if you don't already have a decent light then its 'THE' bargain of the moment, you can't get more 'bang for buck', but if you have a usable system, just don't go expecting the world.

Cheers.

CountZero

As a comparison, at the Cycle Show I was looking at a NightRider commute light. Nice and bright for motorists and pedestrians to see you, plastic case on a handlebar quick release, but useless for anything else. Price, around forty five quid. The DX light gives more than enough light for general night riding that isn't at downhill sort of speeds. I rode with a guy with a two year old Exposure Enduro, and my DX totally swamped his light when I was behind him. Price difference? Lots. I have in front of me Exposure's latest leaflet. The Toro, which is the replacement for the Enduro, uses exactly the same SSC P7 led as the DX. It costs £275. Ok, it's integrated, has a whizzy connector on the back to run a tail light, but £250 does not buy you a brighter light. If you want brighter, get Trout's light, otherwise the DX is perfectly adequate for normal night-time trail riding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Those ever so popular DX lights, beam shots please?’ is closed to new replies.