Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Those cheap Magura brakes…..
  • honourablegeorge

….anyoen used them? Would they suit a kid’s bike?

Never tried Maguras, so not sure if the lever reach can be adjusted enough for small (9 year old) hands

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/magura-mt2-mtb-disc-brake/rp-prod156184

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Had mt2 on my commuter for ages, good brakes just a bit heavy* and unrefined in appearance.

Plenty of power and modulation but you may need bigger hands than your average child (i can’t remember how much if any reach adjust was available).

Big levers (which i like) but some will hate.

binners

I’ve had a few pairs of Magura brakes over the years and they’re bomb-proof. Given that the MT-7s on my present bike could easily stop a car, I reckon these will do the trick nicely. The levers look like they’ve got the same span adjustment as their big brothers which allow for loads of adjustments you’ll have no problem pulling them in far enough. Superstar kevlar brake pads are also available cheap as chips too

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Oh and as neither binners nor i mentioned.

Magnetic pads are awesome.

matt_outandabout

My MT2’s are superb – powerful (easily as powerful as Shimano), but well modulated. Huge pad retraction (magnetic) so you *never* get pad rub.
    I really like them, more than the Shimano’s the rest of OAB family run.

VanHalen

got some on the HT for 1.5-2 years. they are great. bled once and forgotten about. exactly how a brake should be. look shonky

much less faff than my shimanos which have been pretty low faff themselves.

would happily buy more.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Those cheap Magura brakes…..’ is closed to new replies.