Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Those cheap amazon lights
  • sellisnba
    Free Member

Hi
    Was hoping someone could help out, I have just bought one of those cheap t6 Cree lights. Very impressed with the light however the ” o ” ring mount is rubbish to say the least.
    Has anyone made up a new bracket? If so could anyone pop a pic up to help me out with ideas to make one myself.
    Cheers

darkslider
    Free Member

I thought of making one but found it easier to buy this.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=23533

Little bit of fiddling to set up, I needed to file a small groove for the cable of my lamp but it’s brilliant now it’s on, doesn’t move at all and is easy to swap between bikes!

zippykona

I can’t really see from those mount pictures but would you be able to mount a conventional torch on one of those?

jamiep
    Free Member

I followed monkeyboyjc’s post on this thread using a Halfords mount. Seems to work fine for me too

Link to Halfords mount They are currently £4

darkslider
    Free Member

Bugger, wish I’d spotted the halfords mount beforehand looks to be just as good as the hope one for less cash!

jimw
    Free Member

the hope one has the advantage of the cam locking action, much easier to put on and adjust than the halfords screw-up type. Worth the extra £3 for that alone in my opinion. I bought one to mount a Trouted original Vision2 rather than its standard bolt up mount and it is excellent. The Trout upgrade is well worth it by the way!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Those cheap amazon lights’ is closed to new replies.