Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thomson Layback Seatpost
  • lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

I currently have a regular Thomson Elite seatpost. By fitting a layback type Thomson seatpost how much difference will this make? Anyone had an experience of going from the regular type to the layback type? Thanks

warns74
    Free Member

About 16mm

mlke
    Free Member

I went for a shorter stem on one of my long term bikes to get more control on descents. The layback post was the perfect fix for me. Plus Thomson stuff is always nicely engineered

matts
    Free Member

Errm. 16mm

How much difference to what? Setback? Ride quality? Bike handling / weight distribution?

Setback post is just a tool to get the fit you need with your body/saddle. You either need it, or you don’t.

onandon
    Free Member

Slide your seat back by 16mm in your current post and see how it feels. If you can’t side it back by 16mm, you should probably just buy a layback post.

I’m very leggy so all my bikes need layback posts.

Thomson posts usually fetch good money on eBay so buy one and see how you get on. you can always get rid for the same money or even a small profit.

fatmax

Worked , for me. I’m 6’5″ and got an XL Canyon 29er. Came with an inline post and it felt too short even with the saddle all the way back. Changed to the setback and it makes all the difference, and now feels spot on.
    And yes, 16mm difference.

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Yes I am currently sitting right back on the saddle and could do with going back just a spot more.
    16mm don’t sound much to me but I will give it a try.

sleigh62
    Free Member

There are other straight post with the equivalent setback or even more … just a ‘fit’ thing really.
    I love the Thomson stuff as its well engineered and high quality but IMO their layback seatpost isn’t aesthetically pleasing … ruins the line of your frame … just a visual thing though … makes no difference to functionality!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thomson Layback Seatpost’ is closed to new replies.