Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thomson covert v KS integra
  • matther01
    Free Member

Anyone got either (or both) and what are they like ie reliability, any play, actuation etc

Cheers

sam_underhill

Between the 2 of us we have 3 ks levs (non integra version). They have been great. My oldest one has now developed some play after about 2 years and only a couple of clean / regrease services. I’ve just bought new bushing, guide bushings and roller bearing for £15. Should be good as new again after that. I imagine the integra would be just as good, I think it is all the same isn’t it, just doesn’t have the fine string actuator running along the inside.
    Thomson looks bling though doesn’t it?

Simwit

Sorry for the thread hijack but Sam_underhill where did you buy the spares for your Lev from as I had trouble finding any when I looked?

Del

lev is available with greater travel, no? i have both the ks integra and a regular lev, and wouldn’t bother with the integra with hindsight. more of a faff if you want to put a crud catcher on, and the regular lev has the cable fixed anyway.

thepurist

simwit + 1 : @sam, did you get those bits from Jungle or somewhere else? My Lev’s a couple of years old and I was thinking of doing the same

sam_underhill

http://www.southcoastsuspension.co.uk
    Really friendly and helpful.

Simwit

Many thanks Sam, just spoke to Southcoast suspension & all sorted now, a top fella.

stewartc
    Free Member

Been running a 125mm KS Integra for the last year without any issues and have just gone to the 150mm version, so far after a month its as reliable as ever though I have noticed a minute amount of play, nothing of concern though.

rhayter

I have a Thomson. Not been riding it long, but it’s been utterly covered in sh*t and still worked like a dream. Smooth action both up and down. Love it.

matther01
    Free Member

Ended up getting a brand new black stanchioned 125mm integra for £125 in the end. Don’t mind the small amount of play as both my normal LEVs had this from new and after servicing. Its hardly noticeable when riding and at £125 I can definitely live with it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Thomson covert v KS integra’ is closed to new replies.