Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • This will go on all weekend! Anyone have a Giant Anthem SX1?
  • zippykona

While looking around for a different bike altogether I saw this. https://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/78662/Giant_Anthem_275_SX_1_2016_Bike
    Seems a bargain.
    I am bearing phobic though. It won’t be ridden in the winter how long should they last? Is it the worlds worst job to fit new ones?
    Can’t find the weight anywhere either.
    If it got nicked would you buy another?

Kryton57

My 29er bearings lasted 2.5 years of riding and racing before showing some play LBS changed them for £60 with Betd bearing that i provided. Cheaper bearings are available.

If it was carbon ( i race) or my 29er had died id buy it in a heartbeat.

tomhoward

If it was carbon ( i race) or my 29er had died id buy it in a heartbeat.

You? Buy it in a heartbeat? Srsly?

A recommendation indeed!

burt
    Free Member

Got the same one 2 months ago. Bad bits first:fork went back twice. Sram finally replaced with brand new top of the range Revs.The seatpost is pants and great at the same time.it works fine until you tighten it up enough to stop it creaking then it binds and doesn’t always come back up. Would I buy another if it got nicked—–without a doubt. It rides a treat!!

zippykona

That’s good never used a dropper and really can’t see that I will.
    Anyone want one?
    Will have a sit on tomorrow and hopefully I’ll have one by the weekend.
    What went wrong with the fork?
    How much does it weigh?

burt
    Free Member

The damper started working the opposite way which was really wierd, and the standard rockshox creaking CSU, which they denied the first time. Ride it for 2 more rides and sent it back again, it sounded like it was going to fall apart under me. I think it weighed about 28lbs when it arrived. With new wheels, carbon post, Haven bars and different saddle I got it down to 25lbs. I do like a dropper for day to day riding though.

Garry_Lager

Reckon you’d struggle to find a more proven suspension than the maestro – tried and tested. I got about 2 years out of mine on an anthem 29er before a bearing change, ridden in all weathers – I’d put that out of my mind as an issue when weighing up a purchase. If you do change them it’s ten bearings, and a simple job for 8 of them – 2 were a right ballache IIRC.
    The shock bushing gets a bit of a see-ing to, mind – although I don’t know if the 27.5 frame would have the same issue. It’s a simple job to change in any case.

End of the day is there a more reliable purchase than a giant anthem? I doubt it, which I suppose can be seen as a good or a bad thing, depending on what you want.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘This will go on all weekend! Anyone have a Giant Anthem SX1?’ is closed to new replies.