Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • This weather is just taking the piss now.
  • enduro-aid
    Free Member

well I'm just going to say HAHAHAHA up in glasgow its been pishing down for the whole of june and july and we have had to great sunny weeks the past two

so its payback for all you southern's

rOcKeTdOg

Sorry Drac, best not to post pic of the silly cyclist tan I got playing around Simonside yesterday afternoon then?

Drac

No it was raining all day it's mud on your arms remember.

trailmonkey

First time that I've got wet this morning since I started commuting in July.

Dry trails since April on Dartmoor 8)

lowey

Mart… I'm not arsed about Sunday as I'll have an umbrella this time. Is Graham back yet ?

See you then.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

I've spent the last week in NE England and seen maybe 2 showers lasting 5mins each…where's the "grimness" I was told about?

SHHHHHHHH, its an urban myth to keep all the Southern softies away!!!! 8)

D0NK

Got soaked lastnight, don't mind a bit of rain but all that time spent putting the miles in over winter, where's the karmic payback? I deserve neverending dusty singletrack goodness dammit! I feel cheated.

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Last two days did the Pont Scencin ride (wet under wheel and a bit of pushing) which was great…. in and out of the clag on the tops but very atmospheric and the Blwch y Groes roadie circuit from Bala (highest road in Wales) – very nice weather and a nice tea stop too… just looking at a detailed forecast and selecting venue really.

Not too good today so went mushroom picking instead!

Can't complain with that.

ajantom

Raining today, but was dry as a bone and sunny up on Haldon Hill on Wednesday 8) Might be a bit greasier now, but…….well it's more fun when conditions are mixed I feel!

Waderider
    Free Member

I read:

This weather is just taking the piss now

and think " Because man kind has been taking the piss out of the planet for centuries".

Climate change, wetter summers as promised.

I'm coping.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I'm on hols now for 8 days. It was all sunny until it started raining half an hour before the end of my shift yesterday and hasn't stopped since 🙁

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Lowey I'm not sure when he's back , haven't heard from him .I will try and get a ride in after unless it rains heavily .do you leave your bike in the car, just wondered if it's safe

mart

crazy-legs

I left work at 5pm yesterday.
    It started raining at 5.01pm.
    I arrived at home at 6.20pm.
    It stopped raining at 6.21pm.

Canal towpath and all the trails I commute on have gone from being all dusty a few weeks ago to being inch deep in gritty slop. 🙁

pistola
    Free Member

enduro-aid – Member
    well I'm just going to say HAHAHAHA up in glasgow its been pishing down for the whole of june and july and we have had to great sunny weeks the past two

so its payback for all you southern's

Eh?! Which part of Glasgow have you been in? June was beautiful then as soon as the schools broke up for the summer the weather went to carp. The last two weeks have been showery. Today we have heavy showers and severe gales forecast.

lowey

Mart, Yeah, left the bike in the car mate. Cant take it up on the course as I wouldnt be able to help clear down the course.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Quite enjoyed a fantastic night ride in the mud last night. But I need better lights!

Don't mind it in the Summer – at least it's warm. In the Winter it's boring. However a bit of "proper" Summer weather wouldn't go amiss.

Oh well – off to the Med next Friday – air 30 degrees, sea 25ish…

IdleJon

david jey – Member

I'm have indoor activities planned: off to a beer festival in Swansea

Hey, so am I. Do you mean the one next week? I'll be there on the 28th.

You'll recognise me because………………..oh hold on, you won't!

Unless you run around the Brangwyn Hall shouting "IdleJon, IdleJon, where are you?" 😕

(I'll wear a carnation….)

Highlight of the day today was watching a rather impressive thunderstorm with my two kids – it's been very, very, very wet in Swansea for the last two days.

Somebody earlier in the thread said that they didn't bother watching weather forecasts. While watching BBC Breakfast for all of 15 minutes this morning there were 3 separate forecasts, all saying that it's going to rain today. Somebody in the BBC is being paid a lot of money for stating the bleeding obvious.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well the sun is now out in Dumfries, let's hope it stays this way for my big ride tomorrow 8)

Bunnyhop

At last the hosepipe ban has been lifted.

Sunny now but very windy for this time of year, maybe, just maybe, the wind will dry off some of the trails ready for a weekend ride.

stoney
    Free Member

Sorry to hear your weather is crap mate….Not been great here but last weekend was glorious sunsine and really nice on`t top of Skiddaw! 😉

sailor74
    Free Member

i cant remember the last time i rode in the rain, it was months ago and i have been riding more than ever (3-4 times a week), not that im trying to gloat or anything but we have had a brilliant summer in the south east.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Brilliant summer here also. I've ridden most days, and can recall wearing a jacket twice :mrgreen:

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘This weather is just taking the piss now.’ is closed to new replies.