Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • This weather is just taking the piss now.
  • lowey

Got wetter than I can ever remember tonight on't moors. Its rained practically ever day since the solstice up here.

Talk about payback for April, May and June. It was like deepest mid winter out tonight. 😥

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

rained almost every day here since mid july

how many years is it since we had a summer?

utterly utterly ****

Pieface

I'm as guilty as anyone but moaning about the weatehr is so silly. I half expect people to follow it with '…and what are the Government doing? Nothing, its a disgrace etc etc'

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I saw leaves turning today. The end is nigh. What lights to get…

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

it is a disgrace, they can spend money on bombs and yet do nothing to give us a bit of respite from the crap climate.

that said – I think keeping the clocks on british summer time may make it slightly less bad than usual in Oct

druidh
    Free Member

Hardly rained all week here.

HTH

U31
    Free Member

We were up at Healy earlier, the trees offered some protection but the mud on the climb sections of the red had to be seen to be believed.

Hideous. Possibly the slowest i've ever ridden up there and tend i think its more exciting when the trail up there is damp.

Got back covered in clart and my mates outdoor tap went tits, so it took 40 minutes to clean each bike with a bucket sponge and brush.

I wish we hadnt bothered

skiboy
    Free Member

oh dear,

bit off the bike thing, but in that norman documentary last night on the beeb, in an old 10th C document the norman king of Sicily describes england as ''a land in the perpetual grip of winter'',

you have to laugh, i stopped watching the weather years ago, i look out the window , if its sunny i go out, if it's raining i go out, just buy some mud tyres and forget about it OR move to a warmer clime, i think the weather always like this, been the same in the 41 yrs i've been here 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ha ha! Been pretty nice down here in the South. August hasn't been brilliant, but it's been reasonably warm, and only really rained heavily at night a few times. Nothing more than the odd spot of drizzle mostly. The grass and plants could do with more rain tbh.

Went for a ride in Hampshire a couple of weeks ago, and the biggest problem was dust. 😀

It pleases me somewhat that it has rained so much up North, considering how much you'se lot slag the South and us Southerners off. Karma.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

nope, no rain here,we call it liquid sunshine north of shap fell! 😉

ps44
    Free Member

Blame St Swithin – that's when it started here.
    Anyway, the good news is that the wind is back so the windsurf gear's coming out tomorrow 😀

tazzymtb

cannock was wetter than an otter's pocket.I'm still finding gritty sandy muddy bits in all sorts of locations and gritty shorts bring a new definition to the phrase "organ grinder" 😯

MrSparkle

Lovely evening for a fell run. Legs covered in shiite most of the way round but on the massively overgrown nettley path back to the pub they were miraculously cleaned!

coastkid
    Free Member

its braw here in S.E. Scotland 😮

aP
    Free Member

It was a bit damp at times yesterday going over Cross Fell. On cross bikes. The descent to Garrigill was fun.

amodicumofgnar

Hopefully its going to do what its done the last few years and dry out for September / October.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Ah – it's these sultry August evening rides that I looked forward to back in February when we were riding in the snow and hail…

Whilst the summer tyres were a tad sketchy in the White Peak mud tonight, I put lights and a rear mudguard on, a waterproof and the remains of my Endura overshoes – and got soaked to the skin!

The plus side is that they've now revoked the hosepipe ban! Yee har – I was sorely tempted to get out and water the flowerbeds when I got back! 😈

wors

Wet weather was why pubs was invented, hic

ahwiles
    Free Member

peachy here in sheffield – the Rivelin Riviera!

trails are in tip-top condition, never had it so good.

devs
    Free Member

This is nice here at the moment apart from the wee shower that was pretty much isolated over the 10 More in Moray course tonight. You know that the weather is really taking the piss when you have 2 weeks break in Wales and it is cloudy or rainy for the whole time APART from isolated heatwaves when I was doing the Legburner at NYA and that b'stard road climb from the secret cafe to the bit that avoids the boring fireroad bit at CyB. I swear that was the only times the sun came out. Next descent – rain!

Drac

Been grand up here the odd rare damp day but mostly dry. Ground is still lovely and firm.

NZCol

Well i can safely report that this Winter in Wellington has been as wet as f$##k and seriously cold and generally sh1t. So enjoy your winter 🙂 I'm off to Europe for 6 weeks so when i get back winter will have disappeared and we'll be on the downhill to summer 🙂

Expat
    Free Member

Been a bit wet down here in Christchurch but i can say the nights are getting longer and a mild spring is predicted followed by a plesant summer. Oh how i miss the 4 UK seasons Autum – slightly warm with rain, Winter – cold with rain and snow, Spring – Still cold but with only rain, Summer – skip to autum 😆

freeridenick
    Free Member

Move south – Surrey home of sunshine, pretty girls and dusty singletrack 8)
    forecast is for 25 degrees today, think I might just go for a ride…

loulouk
    Free Member

I know exactly where lowey is coming from on this. Out of the last 4 days, 1 has been sunny with some cloud, the other 3 have been low grey cloud and raining. Repeat this pattern for every week since midsummer.

It's easy to laugh but it's driving us up the wall too. It's miserable before you factor in that the thing you love doing is going to involve 3 layers, a full change of clothes, possibly catching a chill and trails which are hacked to shit. In August. In October I expect it, not in August :O( I got hailed on by stones the size of gobstoppers last week in Leeds. Ridiculous.

yoshimi

Severe weather warning for Lancashire and Cumbia today – excellent:(

rOcKeTdOg

I've spent the last week in NE England and seen maybe 2 showers lasting 5mins each…where's the "grimness" I was told about?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well it has rained, even quite heavily at times, but the trails are still perfect in the south east. It's good that it's started to rain again, as it means my grass is starting to grow and turn green again. Didn't need to cut my grass for about 10 weeks due to zero growth :o)

monkeychild
    Free Member

Got dressed as it looked a smidge nippy out (like it was yesterday) and………. I was a sweating mess when I got in 🙁 Plus side though! Those On-One merino wool tops are quite nice to cycle in 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well I was going to go out today but luckily as I am flexible I shall wait till the weekend. Monday is looking pretty good too. But yeah, the last 2 weeks up in Scotland have been great. A few showers but nothing so bad really.

neil853
    Free Member

i ride to work in the north west 3 to 4 times a week and over the last 4-5 weeks i reckon i've had 3 maybe 4 rides where i HAVEN'T got wet 🙄

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I've spent the last week in NE England and seen maybe 2 showers lasting 5mins each…where's the "grimness" I was told about?

Just adjust your gaze, downwards…

Drac

Shhhhhh rocketdog!

davidjey
    Free Member

June was a cracking month; dry throughout and proper hot a lot of the time.

I made a point of noting this at the time as comeback for the (inevitable) point later in the year when people go "well, no summer again, moan moan moan" after a slightly wet week.

Forecast for Wales is dreadful this weekend, but what do you expect, the TranWales is on!

I'm have indoor activities planned: off to a beer festival in Swansea 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

well we just managed a 2 hour blast at Lee Quarry yesterday and it just started raining as we left for home…. so that was ok.. 😉
    its hissing down today tho…just put on ya waterproofs and you,ll be reight ! 😉

xcstu
    Free Member

I'm a northern living down south and ride to work everyday…. Finding it hard to remember getting rained on! Aah I almost feel home sick 🙂

Mind you I raced at Brighton Big Dog and that made it up pretty quick! ;-/

Edric64
    Free Member

We have had a good summer most of May,June and July were very warm and dry.August has been warm and wet ,still shorts weather every day.Well thats what it has been like in Somerset

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

im going rusty in wigan, its rained Every day for 6 weeks :O/ … Misery!

lucien

Winter hardtail is back up and running and i'm off to ride in 5 mins, don't care now……..just need to ride

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Lowey its supposed to be dry on sunday , fingers crossed [ or webbed ]

mart

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘This weather is just taking the piss now.’ is closed to new replies.