• This topic has 127 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by pb2.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 128 total)
  • This 'Raoul Moat is a legend' thing on facebook etc
  • grumm
    Free Member

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-RAOUL-MOAT-YOU-LEGEND-3/131022780267789?v=wall&ref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Sir-Raoul-Thomas-Moat-A-True-Peoples-Champion/136951319668210?ref=ts

Pretty weird isn't it? Is he just a hero to steroid abusing geordie scallies? I find it interesting the way some people seem to be seeing him as some kind of rebel hero – wonder if it's a sign of how pissed off people are generally.

Sorry random thoughts due to not being able to sleep 🙂

TheDoog
    Free Member

If he was a true peoples champion he wouldn't have been shooting them!! I think its all to do with the mass media frenzy on Friday night really, a Ned Kelly-eque stand off, one man against the world etc etc, without mentioning much about his true crimes.

grumm
    Free Member

I suppose there is kind of a tradition in history of making legends/folk heroes out of criminals who evade the police etc – interesting that it still happens in modern times though. This guy seems an unlikely candidate too.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Murdered one, seriously injured his ex and left a policeman blinded, hero my arse. Selfish coward.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Fascinating isn't it?

I'm not going to plough through all of that, but taking a quick sample, there's huge contempt for the police among people who write phonetically. Presumably they aren't all actually criminals? Maybe they are, don't know.

lodious
    Free Member

Anybody translate this into english….

"Lv how tha coppas say shit reet they r killers aswel take raoul 4 example they cud of getin off the twatin lazy arses nd did sumit about it nd tha neva nd tha **** taisered him forcin him t pul tha trigger rip raoul m8 does any 1 no wen the FUNERAL IS EHH"

…ahhh bless.

Pook

I reckon they've picked up a few hundred people who are worth 'watching' though. Morons.

TheFlyingOx

lodious – Member
    Anybody translate this into english….
    [phonetic Geordiespeak]

Sounds like Cheryl Kerl to me.

An example for comparison: "Hei, tha Ladee Gawgaw one 'Alllyhandreau' soonds leek some keinda Eureauvishin entree bei Bruthahood a Man duzzen it? Bonkaz!"

M6TTF
    Free Member

Lol @ lodious – whoever 'wrote' that needs euthanasing

cranberry
    Free Member

Can't someone in government get hold of that list, and stop all of their benefits?

Starve some English into them!

MadPierre

Another reason I have never used Facebook!

hora
    Free Member

Where is that picture of the Policeman who was shot in the face. Pathetic **** s.

Edit- ah its on one of those links. Pity you have to 'like' before you fan comment.

Will report those pages. ****. Go down the lefthand side and hit report pages.

GrahamS

Scarily there are loads of them. Facebook already deleted some.

Quite a lot of support on YouTube too.

Read one the other day that basically said:

"e shot his gf cos she wos a slag thn e wen afta tha pigs wot set him up Es a propa legend"

There are some real mentalists out there.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

there's huge contempt for the police among people who write phonetically

That's such a brilliant way of putting it…..sadly…..

hora
    Free Member

Jealous steriod-using goon terrorises ex-girlfriend, tries to kill her and shoots her new boyfriend dead.

Shoots another unarmed-man in the face.

…and people think hes praiseworthy?

His brother commented in the paper 'he was lonely/all alone out there, needed a fathers love and was misunderstood'.

Could we apply that theory to all murderers?

(Bangs head against wall).

swampi
    Free Member

makes me wonder if all those idiots who seem to think he is a hero would feel any different if his victim/victims had been their loved ones or friends, i really wanted to comment but refuse to 'like ' the group to do so

hora
    Free Member

Anyway. Lets avoid any hand-wringing.

He bungled shooting himself with a shotgun at pointblank range and lived for an hour or so didnt he? 🙄

jon1973
    Free Member

Fawn Ann Hanley – dem scumbag coppers neva dun anythin for me an my kids wen we needed it so dey are scum dey cudn b bothered healpin ppl wit thins dat affect ppl in everyday of der lives like me an plenty of others an Llike Raoul Moat….!! Dey jst leave ye an hop ye kill urself or untill its 2 late an ye end up bin driven to insanity …an snap an dats exactly wat happened to Raoul…An den day paint a picture of demselves as Heroes of their communities an vow to do wat eva necessary to find him , (The Biggesst Man Hunt in decades is wat they called it) an dey cudn even b bothered ta try an keep ppl safe by conductin a proper search! der murderin scum only out 4 demselves no matter who gets hurt… or killed! der jst another gang….! RIP Moaty m8…. luv ye … sweet drems 4eva… gone bt neva 4gotten m8!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

😆

allthepies
    Free Member

There was a pic in today's Metro of a woman posing for a picture at the scene of his death. Macabre tourism….

Ti29er
    Free Member

Gavin Looks Gawjus:
    Lv how tha coppas say shit reet they r killers aswel take raoul 4 example they cud of getin off the twatin lazy arses nd did sumit about it nd tha neva nd tha **** taisered him forcin him t pul tha trigger rip raoul m8 does any 1 no wen the FUNERAL IS EHH

Am I living in a parralel universe or is this a language I have not yet mastered?

Actually it's an addictive site!
    "Liz Newton-fitzpatrick: If all the haters fked off,the weird **** would have no more than 500 fans,oh minus the troll's that would leave 100 mental geordies!" That about summs it up!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

One of the cleaners on the wing I work on was in Durham jail with him. Our cleaner had been on the phone to one of his pals who'd told him they were selling 'Raoul Moat lager' in pubs in Northumberland. Apparently it tasted ok but had no head.
    Also told him that Moat had blue eyes, one blew one way & one blew the other. I tried to point out that these sort of comments were 'inappropriate.
    Your'e always gonna get the cranks on Facebook but I think they are in the minority.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Maybe it's a troll and the work of a middle class stw-er?

jimmyshand
    Free Member

I am of the opinion that the police have a lot to answer for here. Doesn't make me a criminal though. PErsonally I hope the police get hammered in the IPCC investigation.

yoshimi

This weird speak makes me feel either very old or educated – I can't decide which.

theflatboy
    Free Member

hora – Member
    His brother commented in the paper 'he was lonely/all alone out there, needed a fathers love and was misunderstood'.

Could we apply that theory to all murderers?

(Bangs head against wall).

yes, to a degree there are frequently known to be difficult childhoods/backgrounds behind the emotional development that can lead people to become violent criminals.

yoshimi

It has emerged that Raoul Moat had his Facebook profile deleted by their staff today. When his mum called them to ask why, they told her it is because he no longer has a face.

Celebrity culture gone mad. Some people are too thick/deluded to separate fame from infamy.

LHS
    Free Member

Let facebook work for the good people of the UK for a change and allow the Government to round up all these pathetic idiots who are making him out to be a hero and deporting them. We can't stand for people like this to bring down this wonderful country.

Makes my blood boil.

GrahamS

Some choice (edited) quotes from YouTube:

"RAUL DONE RITE ,CANT HAVE C**TS SHAGGING? YOUR MISSES"

"MOATY IS A LEGEND NOW TH EPOLICE MADE HIM INTO ONE ON PURPOSE. HES THE F***ING KING NOW. KING RAOUL. I LOVE HIM HES MY F***ING? HERO HIM AND GAZZA. THERE WILL BE MORE RAOULS."

"WHOS THE MAN —- RAOUL? MOAT HE THE F***ING MAN HE MADE 15 FORCES, RAF AND SAS LOOK LIKE SCHOOL KIDS HA HA "

"F***ING LEGEND, WHAT A MAN GAZZA IS HES RIGHT MOATY WAS A GREAT MAN AND A LEGEND. HE WAS HOUNDED, TORMENTED AND THEN EVENTUALLY KILLED BY THE POLICE. REST IN PEACE BIG MAN GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN NOW? YOU HAVE MADE A LEGACY IN 2 DAYS 13,000 FACEBOOK SIGN UPS. LOVED FOREVER NOW "

"ere man u 2 priks r fkn grasses fkn copper lovers its about tym sum fuker taught them pigs a lesson? just a shame "THEY" fkn killed him and they say hes the killer fkn hypocrites "MOAT U R A LEGEND" "

Plenty more where that came from and on any other threads to do with Moat. People are very weird!

warton
    Free Member

I think you need to remember that 95% of comments will be from 14 year old kids. its the other 5% that will be worrying the police

hora
    Free Member

Celebrity culture gone mad. Some people are too thick/deluded to separate fame from infamy

They lack the cognitive power to reason or empathise even on a basic level.

This is what a woman drinking throughout pregnancy (probably) does to a child. Robs them of many aspects even before they are born.

jon1973
    Free Member

Let facebook work for the good people of the UK for a change and allow the Government to round up all these pathetic idiots who are making him out to be a hero and deporting them.

Deport them where exactly? Like it or not, these people are a product of OUR society.

bassspine
    Free Member

dey are scum dey cudn b bothered healpin ppl wit thins dat affect ppl in everyday of der lives like me an plenty of others an Llike Raoul Moat….!! Dey jst leave ye an hop ye kill urself or untill its 2 late an ye end up bin driven to insanity …an snap an dats exactly wat happened to Raoul.

This sort stuff makes it possible for me to understand being illiterate, it's so much more difficult to read than actual words.

thomthumb
    Free Member

look at ivanhoe martin

jimmy cliff even played a character based on him in 'the harder they come' seen as a huge folk hero in Jamaica.

harry roberts is hailed as a hero in some circles for murdering 3 police officers.

this is nothing new.

GrahamS

I think you need to remember that 95% of
    comments will be from 14 year old kids. its the
    other 5% that will be worrying the police

Sadly if you click through to their profiles most of them claim to be adults.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

It really bothers me when you get the usual Daily Mail headline calling a criminal evil, sub-human or degenerate. Trying to distance them from a normal person.

People dont seem to make the connection that it could have been them if their situation had been different. That potential evil is inside all of us.

Or maybe people do and it scares them hence they try and distance the purpitator.

But this is too far the other way with people just concentrating on the fact he had a bad upbringing without concentrating on the fact that he had the chance to change his behaviour, get help etc etc…

It seems some people just cant do anything by halves. Things have to be black and white, either some ones a goodie or badie. Not the truth which is that there is some good and some evil inside us all.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

jimmyshand – Member
    I am of the opinion that the police have a lot to answer for here.

I'd LOVE to hear how you come to that conclusion.

hora
    Free Member

People dont seem to make the connection that it could have been them if their situation had been different

He was a doorman involved in the underworld, violent and raped his ex-girlfriend.

He was jailed for beating a child.

He had more previous.

He didn't slip and accidently pull the trigger multiple times.

At what stage could it have been anyone 'normal'?

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Tasering someone who had a gun to their head. Ignoring prison officer advice about the danger posed by Moat on his release. To name but two things out of many.

I dont care what he has done previously, it is not the job of the police to sentence people to death.

theflatboy
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

jimmyshand – Member
    I am of the opinion that the police have a lot to answer for here.

I'd LOVE to hear how you come to that conclusion.

that thought crossed my mind, too – i certainly wasn't avidly reading about the way things panned out, rather than catching the odd update. interesting to hear a side to the story i didn't know about.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘This 'Raoul Moat is a legend' thing on facebook etc’ is closed to new replies.