• This topic has 64 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by dot.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • This rain… (HTN content)
  • ourmaninthenorth

…isn't exactly encouraging me to get ready to ride on Saturday…

😥

twinklydave

Wuss! 😛

It'll be refreshing…

mafu26
    Free Member

call me a sadist but i love riding in the rain. specially this summer rain because its reasonably warm. winter rain ain't too great.

ourmaninthenorth

It's less the rain, more the inevitable mud.

nbt

ourmaninthenorth – Member

It's less the rain, more the inevitable mud.

Have you been on the preview rides this time round? The course is a lot better this year, far more weather resistant in general. Having said that, it's an MTB race, mud is part of MTBing. Have beer, it'll make the race more fun 🙂

Harry_the_Spider
    BigDummy
    Free Member

Tom, I am getting up at 5:00 am on Saturday so as to get my arse on a train to attend this event. This will make me fairly fanatical on the subject of people who are put off by the weather.

Although if it's a clag-fest like last time I admit I shall be full of sorrow, wrath and beer. 🙂

wors

I rode home over near there last night, ground is still solid, and i was on slicks, nowt to worry about.

ourmaninthenorth

No preview rides of this course. Just one original HTN and two Winter Sprinters to ensure I know just how claggy it can be.

I shall be fitting the CX tyres to the MTB.

Jon – that is the politest MTFU one might read on here. See you on Sat. Oh, and I'll have a gazebo – come and hide out in there.

dickie
    Free Member

Forecast looks great for a race – its been so dry the ground will soak it up & greenery will be greener!

terrahawk
    Free Member

Tom, I am getting up at 5:00 am on Saturday so as to get my arse on a train to attend this event

Miketually is travelling from Darlington and another lad is coming over from Ireland (and he's done all of our races so far too).

So yeah, MTFU 😉
    You're going to be part of something truly historic.

wors

I still haven't done one despite it being practically on my doorstep. Hopefully if there is another.

dickie
    Free Member

My mates dropped out – can I turn up & do it solo?

terrahawk
    Free Member

My mates dropped out – can I turn up & do it solo?

team name?

dickie
    Free Member

@terrahawk – the white rose of Yorkshire.

Harry_the_Spider

wors – Member
    I still haven't done one despite it being practically on my doorstep. Hopefully if there is another.

Too late. That's it. No more. Fin.

Perhaps you could fill in for Dickie's missing mate?

terrahawk
    Free Member

I've already asked the timing folk to make the change to the lineup.

ourmaninthenorth

Miketually is travelling from Darlington

Mike's one of the reasons why I'm there – I'm going to spike his drinks with Robinsons Unicorn for a repeat of a certain central Manchester based drinking evening last year… 😀

wors

Too late. That's it. No more. Fin.

The reason i didn't enter this, as well as the others is because of other commitments.

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks Terrahawk.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Thanks Terrahawk.

they haven't acknowledged the change yet…should be ok though.

dot
    Free Member

@Tom
    Oooo your bringing the zebo can I hide in there too?! (oh and MTFU) 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Oooo your bringing the zebo can I hide in there too?! (oh and MTFU)

So, that's you, me, Jon (BD), Jon's bro and Kevin.

We might have to do some riding as well….

terrahawk
    Free Member

dickie – sorted. You're in as a soloist.

minimum 8 laps, remember.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Sooo. Sun shining up there yet?

Eggbox
    Free Member

I can't see there being the sleet, high winds and knee deep mud that featured in HTN1. 😆

nbt

It is in South Manchester, yes

Harry_the_Spider

It is in South Manchester, yes

But nobody really gives an arse about South Manchester.

Blue patches on the north side of town. I think the rain has passed.

MrSparkle

It'll be reet. I'm REALLY looking forward to this.

dickie
    Free Member

dickie – sorted. You're in as a soloist.

minimum 8 laps, remember.

Or else what?

nbt

Hmmm. having ridden the CX bike home tonight I am reconsidering my theory that a CX will have a good chance in the race, now. I rode the course on SS MTB and on geared CX. The downhills were far easier on MTB, but just about rideable on CX – 28mm road(ish) tyres rather than 35mm knobblies. For the flatter sections and especially the big climb from the motorway up to the "band-aid" path (something clough?) though, the CX was far faster.

Tonight's commute home took me through some similar woody terrain and I had a couple of squeaky bum moments, mostly the trails under the trees were still dry but in places the rain had got through and the roots were like ice, I almost went a couple of times to the extent that I bottled and walked a couple of sections that I normally ride (big steps and steep slopes).

true, I'm not a proper experienced CX rider and don;t have the proper CX tyres, but I reckon that the MTBs will have a proper advantage in the singletrack given the rain leading up to the event

Ohh gawd, I hope I don;t have to step in a race and can stick to my original plan of taking photos and drinking beer. I don't wanna fall and hurt myself 😥 😆

Harry_the_Spider

Ohh gawd, I hope I don;t have to step in a race and can stick to my original plan of taking photos and drinking beer. I don't wanna fall and hurt myself

If you fall off and break some bones you can have a set of grips.

rOcKeTdOg

it's raining….in Manchester? 😯

terrahawk
    Free Member

Or else what?

it was a joke

terrahawk
    Free Member

Just been out on the course with the head marshal (who was sporting his bestest Asda bike). It rained about 2pm today and it was almost dry by the time we started at about 7pm.
    (it's now raining again though)

Bunnyhop

I'm guessing the course will still be quite dry under cover of trees, also the man-made bits are going to be all weather anyway. What nbt said really.

More importantly, I've made cake and flapjacks.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

i dont care, im defo racing whatever the weather, im not prepared,im not fit, im not even 100% healed from my chump/car incident, but im not missing it again………

terrahawk
    Free Member

GOOD LAD!!!!!

binners

Looks like I may be riding chaps. I'll be wearing leapordskin speedos, chip faat, full pads and full face helmet

terrahawk
    Free Member

you're going to be riding chaps?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘This rain… (HTN content)’ is closed to new replies.