Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • This press-fit Hope BB
  • DickBarton

Flicking through the Friday Goodies article and I see Hope are about to start offering a pressfit BB…sounds ideal…does anyone have any more info on it?

Are the bearings replacable without having to remove the whole system? PRess fit sounds good but the thing that annoys me about it is the need to remove the whole system and fit a new system…surely that pressing/stressing isn’t going to do much for the BB area?

Judging by the number of bearings/BBs I’ve replaced compared to a headset, the BB will get more of this kind of treatment.

So I’m hoping the Hope system allows an install of the shell and that never needs removed (unless you want to replace it entirely) so only the bearings get replaced when they wear out.

Anyone know any more on this? I’ve emailed Hope today but they won’t find it until Monday…

Thanks.

simondbarnes

Are the bearings replacable without having to remove the whole system?

99.9% certain they are. The tool to fit it initially is expensive, Hope would rather shops did that job, but after that I believe the bearings are easily replaceable.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Is this the one I’ve read about , press fit lapierre zesty size ?

toppers3933
    Free Member

hope tell me they are replaceable. hence the tool is really aimed at the shops because once its in there is no real need to remove it again. thats not to say you cant buy the tool if you really want to.

DickBarton

Braw, thanks for the info. Will order one on payday.

reedspeed
    Free Member

18 bikes are offering free press fitting of this for short period!.

DickBarton

Im a tube! Im needing a bb30 not a pressfit!

DickBarton

An even bigger idiot! It is a press fit bb I need…woohoo…back in the game!

simondbarnes

Are you sure?

DickBarton

According to the manufactorer’s website…yes…

simondbarnes

🙂

gee
    Free Member

BB30 and PF30 are different. Check!

GB

walleater

Is this magical expensive tool called…..a vice?

DickBarton

2011 whyte 146 s…according to the whyte website it is a pressfit…i knew it was a big un and when i read the fresh goods article i was reading pressfit but seeing bb30. Like i said…i’m a tube!
    http://www.whytebikes.com/2011/bike_page.php?ModNo=W-1-002-11 – says it is Press-fit 30

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘This press-fit Hope BB’ is closed to new replies.