Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • This much I know…..
  • iDave
    Free Member

The sea off the Donegal coast is somewhat cold this time of year. Total body icecream headache, lower leg bones in pain from the lack of heat.

*note to self, sort a wetsuit out for next time*

molgrips
    Free Member

When my folks lived in Brittany she tried to persuade us that the sea there was as warm as the Mediterranean. So one Christmas we volunteered to put it to the test and went for a swim.

It was not warm at all.

Strange feeling though, getting out, standing on a freezing beach in 3 degree weather and feeling really warm!

donsimon
    Free Member

Did a swim test with the army as a youngster in the Moray Firth in the Oct/Nov time. 50m out, under a canoe with sadist slapping the water with the paddles and then 50m back. There was a point when breathing became difficult but not impossible.
    I feel your pain

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You went swimming off the coast of Dún na nGall in April without a wetsuit? 😯

Nutter! Hope you’re having a swell time.

When are you in Skye dude?

slugwash
    Free Member

The sea off the Donegal coast…. etc.

Ooh, you’re almost as bad as CFH, dropping your exotic whereabouts into your posts 😉

iDave
    Free Member

Sometimes when you have kids you have to do things to entice them into experiencing what will become interesting memories… ‘do you remember that day we all nearly froze to death in the sea’ etc – never again though.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So did your kids join you or will they have an interesting memory of you looking decidedly blue?

iDave
    Free Member

Kids joined in, and did some sand dune running too. Social services have been informed.

Hairychested
    Free Member

In Malahide at least the local totty is real hot. Take your kids here 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

sand dune racing?

Do they move that fast?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘This much I know…..’ is closed to new replies.