Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • This morning I was a massive roadie stereotype
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Here we go again

scaredypants

Yep, you’re too late to the party, we’re all friends again now.

yeah, yeah, but what are you going to call todays’s commute ? 😈

DanW
    Free Member

OP, you look bloody grumpy on your Strava profile… or is it a hispter tash… either way you were asking for trouble 🙂

P.S. Is the little tag line under the pic a slightly depressing chat up line for a new relationship? 🙂

teamslug
    Free Member

Call it ” God, I’m glad I didn’t see that c@%t this morning”

mcj78
    Free Member

There’s a guy I sometimes see on my ride back home, a few times i’ve passed him & he’s drafted me for a couple of miles then sprinted past me literally about 20 metres before he turns off… why would you even bother?

Disclaimer – drafting is perfectly morally acceptable, one Friday night I was totally burst going into a headwind & hid behind a guy making good progress on the cyclepath for a good 7 miles – even going so far as not freewheeling so the noise wouldn’t give me away, it was glorious. He spotted me about half a mile from my house & gave a pleasant “oh, hello” and I burst out laughing & confessed i’d been hiding there for miles & thanked him for saving me a good 20 minutes.

imnotverygood

Sorry, but that is absolutely poor form ^

scaredypants

There’s a guy I sometimes see on my ride back home, a few times i’ve passed him & he’s drafted me for a couple of miles then sprinted past me literally about 20 metres before he turns off… why would you even bother?

😆 some **** did that to me once but for good measure, instead of turning off, he just slammed on his brakes right in front of me after taking the “sprint”

Pigface
    Free Member

Cycle rage in Newport 😆

The whole of the ‘port is a seething mess of angst and fury.

mcj78
    Free Member

imnotverygood
    Sorry, but that is absolutely poor form ^

I know, what could he possibly have been gained from passing me & immediately turning off?

😉

In my defence I was heading home, weary after a hard day of pretending to work & having already knocked out 170-odd commuting miles that week on a heavy bike with flat tyres & the guy I drafted was obviously out for a fast run on his good road bike… was barely drafting – just about hanging on, just pacing really 😳

I’m glad this uptight world of tarmac bashing is mostly alien to me.

As an aside, almost every roadie passing the opposite direction in the Derbyshire Dales, says hello when I’m on the MTB – must be a more chilled out place round these parts 😉

nathb
    Free Member

I regularly cycle around Richmond and Regents park during the week – barely anyone acknowledges each other, so the above seems normal to me. 😆

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’m genuinely confused as to what is going on here. Is this some kind of Strava etiquette rule broken?

scaredypants

I’m genuinely confused as to what is going on here. Is this some kind of Strava etiquette rule broken?

bongo – I suspect the other bloke’s original ride was called “some **** who thinks he’s wiggins was racing me today”

jimdubleyou

bongo – I suspect the other bloke’s original ride was called “some **** who thinks he’s wiggins was racing me today”

Nah, it was more “Ignorant **** in the Trek jersey, no hello , TWICE!”

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

“Ignorant **** in the Trek jersey, no hello , TWICE!”

Ah. I did wonder what the hell was going on. Ninja edit caught me out.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘This morning I was a massive roadie stereotype’ is closed to new replies.