Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • This morning I achieved a thirty year ambition…
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

…no, not seeing Debbie Harry without any clothes on.

This morning I sat in a fully airworthy Mk IX Spitfire. I even got to waggle the controls and press the trigger. For those who are interested, a Spitfire’s cockpit is surprisingly comfortable despite being a little on the cosy side. The part of me that is still an eight year old boy is absolutely stoked as the saying goes.

🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

3 weeks ago i sat in the james bond DB5, bit underwhelmed tbh.

(sat in 2, the ‘road’ model without effects and the gun/revolving number plate effects car)

wouldn’t mind having a gander at a spitfire cockpit though.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Debbie Harry without any clothes on

bit wrinkly now I’d imagine 🙁

mogrim

Did you press the gun button and make “dugga dugga dugga” noises?

Squidlord
    Free Member

You jammy sod! How’d you manage that?

sparkyrhino

Tally ho .lucky bast

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yes, I did do the “Dakka-dakka-dakka” noises. My missus arranged it as an early birthday present and it’s not as expensive as you think.

I got to sit in the “Borough of Bromley” Which resides in an innocuous hanger at Biggin Hill. Also in the hanger was another Mk IX, a Mk XVI and an airworthy Mk1 which first flew in early 1940. Incredible stuff for a total Spitfire nerd like me really.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well the best I can do is this…

F3 Tornado at Leeming, quite a while ago.

LeeW

I sat in the second seat of a Typhoon taxiing out at Cameri. My missus talks to me about it when she wants ‘some’ and I’m not really in the mood.

singletrackmind

Sat in the business end of an English Electric Lightening .
    Lots and lots of dials and not alot of space.
    Bruntingthorpe , next door to the hanger which housed the Vulcan , whilst it was being rebuilt

tomhoward

Just bought my dad a taxi ride for his 60th….

… Should note, it’s not just a ride home from the pub in a mini cab. It’s up and down a runway. In a Lancaster bomber.

Wish I’d bought me the same thing! ‘jerry! 9 o’clock high! He’s coming from the sun! Dakka dakka dakka!’

PJM1974
    Free Member

would LOVE to sit in a Lightning! That’s second only to sitting in a Spit!

freeagent
    Free Member

I’ve sat in the captains seat on one of the new T45 Destroyers, and been inside the big gun on the front.. pretty cool.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘This morning I achieved a thirty year ambition…’ is closed to new replies.