Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • This is the place for all thing fire based so…… Firepits!
  • xcgb
    Free Member

OK I have bought an extra section of garden that i am making into an allotment /chill area and of course I need to burn wood!
    I am trying to decide whether to put a permanent firepit in or a metal jobby
    Can anyone suggest/inspire me? what have you made that works?

Thanks

XC

matt_outandabout

I want to build one – with rocket stove heated seating and cooking area. The plans are in my head, but I need to avoid the ‘permaculture look’ that most folk want to go for. I saw one in Sweden that had open fire, flued under two benches and back up a normal looking chimney above the stove.

One in progress:

xcgb
    Free Member

Blimey thats impressive!
    I am going for the campsite look although I may incorporate the old washing machine drum i have been using as a garden brazier it works really well!

toby1

Save cash and re-use the washing machine drum, mine burns beautifully!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I have been toying with the idea of getting one made by a blacksmith. I cant find an American style fire ring you see in their national parks in the UK and they are way too heavy to import.

wrecker
    Free Member

I cant find an American style fire ring you see in their national parks in the UK and they are way too heavy to import.

The ones I saw in Canadian camps were lorry/tractor rims with the middle cut out and a hinge attached to the ground.

Not that big though.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

this would be perfect, or with a full grill.

Drac

Save cash and re-use the washing machine drum, mine burns beautifully!

That’s the most popular method on here and I confirm they work grand.

xcgb
    Free Member

Uh oh i have found Indian fire bowls………. Must resist!

wrecker
    Free Member

You could always get the weber!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘This is the place for all thing fire based so…… Firepits!’ is closed to new replies.