Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • this is incredibly screwed up…. (across-the-pond content)
  • alpin
    Free Member

really not sure that i would want my kids (if i had any) to have this in the back of their minds when getting on the school bus…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qyD7vjVfLI[/video]

i know, i know… we’ve done this before, but surely it’d be easier to ban the sale of guns than to suspect each “loner” or “oddball” at school of planning a massacre.

screwed up place….

mucker

Is this a spoof?

epo-aholic
    Free Member

probably not a spoof as clearly the income and jobs provided by the gun industry in the usa is more important than human life…..after all the government have to be seen ‘doing something’? 🙁

jam-bo

Poe’s law.

mucker

Ah, so no smiley face = no spoof.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

that is… I don’t know what that is, I can’t find a word for my reaction.

mikey74
    Free Member

What that is, is sad: it’s sad that a society can become so messed up that something like that is considered the norm. What’s really sad is that a large proportion of Americans can’t see it, with many thinking the answer is still “more guns”.

The NRA is the real terrorist organisation within America today.

jekkyl

I so wanted the person writing the responses to be the gunman and blow that guy away.

Sandwich

Is this a spoof?

No funded by parents from Sandy Hook.

funkmasterp

That’s just sad. The fact that it’s come down to making a video such as that rather than providing comprehensive mental health care or introducing new gun laws. Just really sad.

aracer
    Free Member

“Gun violence is preventable when you know the signs” – the signs presumably being the ready availability and normalisation of guns?

and from their website: “I promise to do all I can to protect children from gun violence by encouraging and supporting solutions that create safer, healthier homes, schools and communities” – yeah by getting rid of the effing guns. The sad thing is, they list lots of info about all the deaths due to guns in the US and get so close to the fundamental point, but it seems gun ownership is so much part of the psyche over there that it’s just impossible for them to see it.

To be fair regarding the mental health stuff, that does seem to be something they’re pushing for (a lot of the stuff on there is really sensible, I just wish they could see the elephant).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I would say it’s better than nothing at this stage, if you look at the chances of gun control featuring in the next 4 years (zero) then you have to work with what you have.

aracer
    Free Member

The other issue of course is that whilst the chap involved in Sandy Hook did show lots of unusual behaviour, he wasn’t in school at the time (let alone the school where the killings took place) so it was nothing like that video – I’m not sure who was supposed to spot the signs there were. Though it seems most of what we know about him is in retrospect – are we going to target all loners, and what are we going to do with them?

Fueled
    Free Member

This really isn’t going to help any kids who are already having a tough time being bullied and happen to have an interest in military history…

“Sir, nobody likes little Timmy and we saw him reading an action man comic because nobody would play with him. Shall we call 911?”

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘this is incredibly screwed up…. (across-the-pond content)’ is closed to new replies.