Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • This is going to smart!
  • ajantom

Riding dilemma….

I was being all domesticated yesterday and cleaned the oven. I even took the door off to get at the metal lip at the bottom. Turns out it’s razor sharp metal. So running a sponge along it resulted in a sliced index finger and a blood filled rubber glove.

Cue a couple of hours in the Minor Injuries Unit and a steri-stripped finger + bandages.

Now, I have a riding pass from the beloved on this marvellously sunny day, but a 20mm long by 15mm deep cut right on the end of my index finger is going to hurt like buggery when braking and gripping the bars.

Shall I just MTFU? 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Let it heal a bit… Could be a very short ride.

ajantom

I know, I know. But have you looked outside, it’s bloody lovely out there!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Other side of the world, drinking beer and eating chips here. Just got out of the pass idea and ride when you want.

duncancallum

You’ll be fine….

Just stay away from post ride salt n vinegar crisps

pacerc200
    Free Member

Run a line of super glue over it and get out and ride.

ajantom

We do have an 18 month old, so it has to be a bit of give and take. The OH is having a lie in currently and me and the sproglet are watching the Teletubbies (what excitement!)

Means I can surf t’web and drink tea though 😉

Just stay away from post ride salt n vinegar crisps

Ohh, the thought of that’s made me feel a bit queasy!

ontor
    Free Member

Superglue & come ride mannaton loop?

bearnecessities

Abort ride and instead prepare a nice picnic for a family day out in the sun.

Think of the passes that’ll earn you 🙂

Sandwich

If you have some disposable vinyl/nitrile work gloves cover the finger with one of these (after the superglue has gone off) and see how it goes for a couple of miles). Bonus you’ll be able to manage the vinegar soaked chips/crisps!

ajantom

picnic planned for this afternoon 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

Maaate…

I’ve just got back from the moor after a cold night in the freezing wind.. 🙂

pk13

where are you getting this sun from 😥

ajantom

The sky 😉

Turns out the finger didn’t hurt too much. I did more rear braking, and used my right middle finger more than normal. But a 33 miler was achieved over Woodbury, and much fun was had!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘This is going to smart!’ is closed to new replies.