Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • This idea of cowardly posts?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I see my reference to teeth-splintering jammy comestible berrys has been removed.

How very fruitist…

mcboo
    Free Member

Teej darling, I’m pretty sure people will stop tagging you when you stop droning on and try on a sense of humour now and again. I’m sure you’re a lovely fella but it doesnt sound like there’s a lot of laughs in that head of yours.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

“keyboard warriors” make me laugh, this forum ain’t too bad but there is a culture of “ive been posting since the start. so people need to respect me more and what I say goes”. when intact everyone is equal on here. other forums I go on are far worse, some of the car ones are tragic!

the mods on here are a bit facist mind, my ONE SWEAR WORD reply to one post was deleted and i actually got an email telling me off, it wasn’t even a bad swear word.
    a bit sad but hey ho.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

there is a culture of “ive been posting since the start. so people need to respect me more and what I say goes”.

People say this but I have never seen it. Some posters are more worth listening to that others but i do not expect any respect for the amount of time I have been posting – just for the content of that post.

Never seen anyone else do this either.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

People say this but I have never seen it. Some posters are more worth listening to that others but i do not expect any respect for the amount of time I have been posting – just for the content of that post.

Never seen anyone else do this either.

True, but then you’ve never seen the back of your head either.

Stoner
    Free Member

i do not expect any respect for the amount of time I have been posting – just for the content of that post.

Im pleased to hear your expectations are set so low.

DezB
    Free Member

What I really don’t get is threads about other threads, or about the forum in general. Surely there’s other stuff to talk about than this tedious navel gazing? Yeah I know. I’m interested enough to post on here blah blah blah.

Jamie
    Free Member

What DezB said.

As some handsome son of a gun just tagged; STW Eats Itself.*

*With increased frequency.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I think paulo has hit the nail on the head. Now Paulo is a big fella and can probably handle himself on the pavement too. So instead of th willy- waving may or may not be hardmen talking up what they might do to someone who crosses them (or their pets), there should be a line by which folks can be declared forum hard men or not. Paulo should be that line. Anyone who wants to spout stuff about what they would do, needs to travel to the north east and either a) fight and beat him b) wave willies with him and be shown to be bigger, or c) smash his back doors in.

Waddya say Paulo? Are you ready to be the line?

If it helps, I’ll come and watch and hold your coat or something.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

More than cowardly posts/tags, what i find sad is that some people simply don’t have the courage in ‘Real Life’ to say to someone’s face what they’ve said on here. I’ve had at least one or two folk meet me in ‘Real Life’ and either not even reveal who their forum character is, or say anything like the comments they’ve felt comfortable making from behind the safety of their keyboards. Now that really is cowardly.

On such occasions, I would willingly have told those individuals exactly what I thought about their views, without any worries. ‘Don’t say owt you woon’t say to their face’ is the forum rule, and one I stick to, as it’s my own philosophy anyway.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

More than cowardly posts/tags, what i find sad is that some people simply don’t have the courage in ‘Real Life’ to say to someone’s face what they’ve said on here. I’ve had at least one or two folk meet me in ‘Real Life’ and either not even reveal who their forum character is, or say anything like the comments they’ve felt comfortable making from behind the safety of their keyboards. Now that really is cowardly.

On such occasions, I would willingly have told those individuals exactly what I thought about their views, without any worries. ‘Don’t say owt you woon’t say to their face’ is the forum rule, and one I stick to, as it’s my own philosophy anyway.

I almost agree with you there Elf. I think folks should not saynthings on here that they would not say in ‘real life’. However on here we have anonimity which cannot be ignored. So i woild never say anything to someone on here which i would not say in their presence. But some of those things i only say when they cannot see me. So when you hear a voice calling you names or disagreeing with you, but you cannot identify it. It’s not in your head, it’s probably me.

GW
    Free Member

like what? Elfin
    you’ll rarely get into such ridiculous conversations upon just meeting someone.

Jamie
    Free Member

So Elf, in real life you actually pronounce won’t as wooooont?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No that’s true GW; most people who spout crap on tinternet woon’t have the bottle to do so in Real Life™, so such occasions rarely arise.

I have had a couple of amusing encounters where I’ve seen the colour drain from some internet warior’s face when they realise who I am. 😆 And it’s funny to think of just how grovelling and ‘nice’ they were to me, and how they reverted to ‘internet tough guy’ once safely back behind their keyboard…

Jamie; ‘woont’ = wouldn’t, would not.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Racist!

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry elf, but I can assure you I wasn’t scared of you. Could’ve taken you down anytime I felt like it.

GW
    Free Member

No that’s true GW; most people who spout crap on tinternet woon’t have the bottle to do so in Real Life™, so such occasions rarely arise.

Don’t worry, if you still talk shite if we ever meet, I’ll still tell you. 😆

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Sorry elf, but I can assure you I wasn’t scared of you. Could’ve taken you down anytime I felt like it.

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Paulo to the thread please!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

D’you reckon Dez; d’you flippin reckon? Eh? EH?? 😡

Yeah, you’d just hide behind Rob anyway you pansy…

GW; I have no probs discussing owt with folk in real life. I do find most folk are a bit more reserved than they might be online, however. But I spose that’s their nature. Not everyone has sufficient confidence to behave as they like in Real Life™.

I respect honesty and sincerity in people more than them just saying the socially accepted ‘polite’ thing.

However on here we have anonimity which cannot be ignored

Speak for yerself; I’ve met well over wunundred people off here. cos it’s like, a social networking thing, right? All about getting together with like-minded folk for rides, beers and that, in’t it?

And actually got on right well with some what I’ve had proper ding-dong arguments with on here. 😆

nealglover
    Free Member

Isn’t posting under an “Internet name” rather than using your actual name pretty much the same thing ?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Not really, no. I’m still ‘me’.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

PAGGA!

In the blue corner – Elf – the lahdun Layabout – short but fierce, Signature move ” the Tottenham transfer”

In the red corner DezB – the wizard from the west* – long on rhetoric – stings like a butterfly, dances like a bee.

In no corner at all GW – the east lothian evildooer. Signature move “you don’t want to do it like that…..”

Your referee for this afternoons encounter – TJ!

Rollup roll up – place your bets!
    * I have no idea here you arefrom

emsz
    Free Member

it bears saying again. whip them out, see who’s got the biggest.

this what this is about isn’t it?

alpha male, all that crap

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

But is that angry or on the flop?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If only they’d recognise me as their natural leader, Emsz, then we woon’t have all this nonsense. 😐

cynic-al
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    I think the dull anonymous insults aimed at me show the poverty of imagination of the tagger and the childishness of them.

If you have to be childish and puerile at least be funny and inventive please

As a former TJ baiter, I can confirm that this statement will delight the taggers. Best ignore it if you want it to go away.

Elfinsafety – Member
    I have had a couple of amusing encounters where I’ve seen the colour drain from some internet warior’s face when they realise who I am. And it’s funny to think of just how grovelling and ‘nice’ they were to me, and how they reverted to ‘internet tough guy’ once safely back behind their keyboard…

I think the draining of colour may have been for a different reason than you think… 😉

Northwind

I’ve had a few tags aimed at me- I can make a fair bet who did most of them- and tbh I just found it laughable. But is it a coincidence that some of the most unpleasant comments are also anonymous? I’d say of course not.

If the forum software will handle it, I reckon it’d be a very good idea for taggers to be identified… I know it does it behind-the-scenes, if it was public it’d stop people from cowering.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

it bears saying again. whip them out, see who’s got the biggest.

Gets tape measure out, ready to help 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Maybe we should be able to post on folk’s profiles as to what we think of them?

nealglover
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Not really, no. I’m still ‘me’.

It wasn’t particularly aimed at you, just a general comment.

But as an example, you still have “anonymity” when you post ?

I know that you used to know my brother and his wife 15 years ago, but as you post under an assumed name rather than your real one, I have no idea who you are still (and neither do they)

(like I said, it wasn’t aimed at you in particular, just at the whole idea of “Internet names”)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think the draining of colour may have been for a different reason than you think…

😆

What, like ‘Oh my God I never realised it would be so nasty and ‘orrible!’

Seriously though; most of it on here is pretty good-natured stuff, and even some of the heated debates are between folk who do have some sort of respect for each other, but there can be a nasty snidey element that creeps in, and it says more about that person’s inadequacy than the target of their oh-so-amusing tag.

Yeah fair point actually I spose. I’m wary of giving out my real name on internet fora cos I have a deep mistrust of all this electronic information stuff. I don’t have an email addy cos years ago I got some properly nasty emails sent me via this forum, and prefer not to have to put up with that crap, but I’ve no problem meeting up with new folk for rides and beers, in fact in the last couple of weeks I’ve met 3 new faces off here and had a right laugh with all of them.

There are certain aspects of life I like to keep separate though, too much stuff about folk on tinternet for the whole World to see…

Maybe we should be able to post on folk’s profiles as to what we think of them?

Behave, Al….

Northwind

nealglover – Member

Perhaps an element of it… But still, you can go to rides and meet lots of these “anonymous” people. Or, with a little tech savvy and more time than you know what to do with you can track people down on teh internetz. And if nothing else, your screen name has some continuity. But the tags don’t even have that.

nealglover
    Free Member

No worries Elf, was just a good example to use that’s all.

So not all that much different from the anonymous Taggers then really 😉

Jenny and Martyn say hello by the way, even though they don’t know who you are. :mrgreen:

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Tell them it’s Az, little brown feller with a bike, used to come round the halls to see Matt-U. Would quite often get rather horribly drunk and swear at folk then vomit copiously everywhere.

And do this, right: shout ‘MAAAAAAAARRRRRT’NN!’ In a Norn Irish accent sort of thing. 😀

Ah, happy days….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have some Buddhist friends who have always given me handy tips on how to deal with certain life aspects – I have to use the one on personal insults here quite a bit – and that is (along the lines of what Effin’s banging on about) that when someone insults you, looks down his or her nose at you, is pretentious, etc etc, more often than not it’s about making him or herself feel better, not really about making you feel bad.

I don’t think it’s always some deep-seated feelings of inadeqaucy, an inferiority complex, or self-esteem issues.

ton

i find tagging a bit off to be honest.
    if you have a problem why not just post up and speak your mind.

GW
    Free Member

TJ, Elfin = Shane McGowan? 😕

MrSmith
    Free Member

I have no probs discussing owt with folk in real life

do you use childlike affectations (is not,dijical, was not, owt, woont etc) in your face to face oratorical interactions?

smell_it
    Free Member

I find the use of childish unimaginative tagging the ideal compliment to the childish unimaginative level of debate from the usual suspects who seek to try and stiffle any real debate by endlessly goggling ‘facts’ in order to further their own ego w@nking. If a thread goes on for more than 2 pages you can pretty predict it has become pointless.

donsimon
    Free Member

*Hides behind Begnie mask so no-one recognises me…*

The lot of ya!!

*Got away with that one… I think.. 😛 *

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘This idea of cowardly posts?’ is closed to new replies.