Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • This guy has serious balls! Wow!
  • ComradeD
    Free Member

Its ‘Sail’ by AWOLNATION

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i think this video is better but doesnt have such a good sound track
    im addicted to watching these proximity flying videos, its just so cool.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Its ‘Sail’ by AWOLNATION

Cheers mate!

leffeboy

On the blincmagazine link earlier there was one story of someone who had watched his mate crash but then even though he clearly no longer wanted to he had to jump himself to try and be the first person to get to him to help.

balls of steel beyond belief

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

This is my fave, been posted before though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Absolutely loving these vids!!
    The deceleration loads on the canopies must be immense at those horizontal/vertical speeds 😯

atlaz
    Free Member

I like how articles say Jeb Corliss had a troubled childhood. From the TV programme it seems most of his troubles came from himself as the family seemed nice (albeit his parents did split up when he was a kid). I recall him coming across as a colossal **** to his mum.

gusamc
    Free Member

wow

great vid, well impressed

“It will take more than a nutter in a wingsuit to defy the laws of physics. ” – well having seen this and the vids of the bloke (Switzerland maybe) who has wheels all over his body and who rolls down alpine passes if they could combine the two and get it dead right (*sorry about the dead) they might be able to fly and land – but to be fair I’d wouldn’t in the queue of people up for it

teasel
    Free Member

As a nipper around the age of 7/8 years old I used to draw superhero suits with similar but smaller ‘wings’ in theory enabling the user to leap from a building without harm. As I got older and wiser I realised it was not only highly improbably that it would actually slow me down by any significant amount, but that kicking bad guys in the face was actually impossible with a wedge of material a la Hammer hanging between your legs…

bobbyg81
    Free Member

They can slow the speed down to 40 mph with those wingsuits, so I reckon they will be able to land them at some point down the line.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Great vid, he’s quite an odd-bod. Something almost creepy about him as shown in that documentary.

It was his mate who died at 120mph going into a bridge a few years back. They jumped at the same time and his partner lost control, loads of people watching…then screaming.

That songs been in so many GoPro vids now! When I finally film somehting worth sharing I may put it in the background.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CdivYbxBuA[/video]

stucol
    Free Member

Nice bit of singletrack about 30 seconds into the first vid.

I have to admit to a couple of profanaties watchin that.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Poor footage but once the facts and figures are shown, it just blows you away. Imagine the feeling before jumping out? Not knowing if its even possible with the suit he had on amongst all the other stuff.Now one of my fav youtube clips.

doh
    Free Member

Can’t remember where I read it but there is a bloke looking for a suitably angled slope to try a landing

druidh
    Free Member

Err – that music is a direct rip-off of Dougie Macleans “The Gael”, popularised as the theme to Last of the Mohicans!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v8pM7cHrT8[/video]

I_Ache
    Free Member

Having done a sky dive I simply cannot imagine how bloody fantastic it would feel to do this. However I also cannot imagine ever thinking it would be a good idea to do it.

mrmo
    Free Member

when i saw this thread i thought it would be ’bout something else.

this is an academic article, but not for the squeemish.

Smudger666

Do not click the link above – pass the mind bleach please!

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘This guy has serious balls! Wow!’ is closed to new replies.