Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • This guy has serious balls! Wow!
  • bobbyg81
    Free Member
    will
    Free Member

Initially I didn;t think he was going that fast…

until you see him from a camera on the ground. very very impressive stuff, no way i’d do that!

bobbyg81
    Free Member

When the guy in the red jumps out the way it hits home how crazy it is.
    I wish I was brave/stupid enough!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That bit where he went past the balloons? I’m not often given to spontaneously shouting “F*CK**G SH1T!!!” out loud….

CaptJon
    Free Member

Imagine the first time you try it!

PJM1974
    Free Member

*parps*

Jeez…I was scared watching it.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Thats the bit! I watched it again ,and you see him creeping up in the distance and then…… oh sha fecker!

Has there been a vid of the year thread yet? This could get my vote.

Coyote
    Free Member

Fantastic!!!

Love this wingsuit stuff.

the_lecht_rocks

brilliant – proper gnarrr factor there fella’s…… 🙂

teasel
    Free Member

Superb!

Watched a programme on this stuff last year sometime and I’ve gotta say it’s one of, if not the most exhilarating things I’ve seen over the last decade or so as far as extreme sports go and I most definitely want to have a go. If I hadn’t been recovering from an op and various injuries this year it would have been on the cards.

I mean…what a ***kin’ rush that would be…

Ed. Not to mention being able to wear a carbon fibre helmet.

falkirk-mark

If I hadn’t been recovering from an op and various injuries this year it would have been on the cards.

I mean…what a ****kin’ rush that would be…

I wouldn’t bother if I was you.

teasel
    Free Member

Be a good way to go, no…?

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Form a queue……

Ill give it a miss though!

cheers_drive

I watched a programme about it last year too.
    The body parts raining down onto onlookers after one of them hit a bridge was not nice.
    Still it does look like the best buzz ever.

donsimon
    Free Member

¡Con dos cojones!
    AWESOME.

richc
    Free Member

He’s so close to the ground at several points, that a tiny mistake 30 seconds earlier in the jump would mean certain death.

Seems like an expensive way to commit suicide to me.

JonBoy
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bJmVJZbmIk[/video]

Jeb corlis, amazing video. Has him going through the balloon bit but he goes much deeper into the valley.

Scary stuff.

He was killed doing this im lead to believe.

tragically1969
    Free Member

There is a lot of wingsuit cause of deaths on this list, best avoided methinks:

http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/wiki/BASE_Fatality_List

richc
    Free Member

I was just reading that, not a sport for people who give a shit about who they leave behind.

GrahamS

He was killed doing this im lead to believe.

No mention of that in Wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeb_Corliss

And he was still tweeting happily 14 hours ago:
    http://twitter.com/jebcorliss

😀

aracer
    Free Member

Where are the videos from the blokes who didn’t quite judge it right?

GrahamS

I was just reading that, not a sport for people who give a shit about who they leave behind.

But do bear in mind that list starts at 1981.

180 deaths in 30 years isn’t actually that much.

Doesn’t make it safe (given the small numbers participating), but it’s not suicide either.

trailmonkey

Where are the videos from the blokes who didn’t quite judge it right?

i believe some bits of the sd card are in switzerland, some in france and some in italy

allmountainventure
    Free Member

I love the way the laughter is edited at the end.

Best of Jeb

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_OCJyhaJA8&feature=fvwrel[/video]

mikerc
    Free Member

Travelling at speeds in excess of 100 mph there is little margin for error, but wingsuit flying fits Corliss’ pysche perfectly. Having had a troubled childhood, Corliss acquired a pathological desire to confront fear. In 1997 he made his first BASEjump and since then has stepped off virtually every major outcrop and edifice on earth, including the Eiffel Tower and Malaysia’s Petronas Towers.

Things didn’t always go to plan. In 1999, he was blown into an African waterfall, broke several ribs and his back in three places and spent a month prone in a hospital bed. In 2003, his friend and fellow jumper Dwain Weston died in front of his eyes while the two were attempting to become the first duo to fly simultaneously over and under the world’s highest suspension bridge in Colorado. Weston crashed into the bridge and was killed instantly

traildog
    Free Member

Here is a link to the video of the story mentioned above of the bridge.
    It’s not that nice viewing, but does bring home how dangerous this stuff can be.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvjgvXcxMsU

JonBoy
    Free Member

Ha, good news then. I was watching his vids at work and someone made a passing comment. Looks like he got confused about one of his mates.

Or he has such big plums they wouldn’t fit through the pearly gates so they sent him back.

andyfla
    Free Member

Saw the video of him coming down the ridge of the Matterhorn, completely mental but great to watch

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Err, I was a bit disappointed when he opened a parachute – I was thinking he was going to head for the lake and do the mother of all dive bombs 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

180 deaths in 30 years isn’t actually that much.

It is if there are only 6 people a year doing it. How many people do do it – I’d presume rather less than some other activities with similar death per year rates?

brooess
    Free Member

It is if there are only 6 people a year doing it. How many people do do it – I’d presume rather less than some other activities with similar death per year rates?

There’ll be thousands of BASE jumps a year, and plenty these days will be wingsuit jumps.
    Relative to the number of jumps, the number of deaths from skydiving is pretty low tbh, it’s just that when it happens it tends to be dramatic and make a big news story.

Wingsuits have only been around for 10-12 years, originally used by skydivers but moved into BASE pretty quickly. And the progress these guys have made in that time in terms of accuracy and control is immense. May not be that long before someone learns how to slow down enough to land one without a parachute… proper pioneering in the same way the space race was IMO…

MSP

May not be that long before someone learns how to slow down enough to land one without a parachute..

It will take more than a nutter in a wingsuit to defy the laws of physics.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It will take more than a nutter in a wingsuit to defy the laws of physics.

What if he landed on a conveyor belt?

Crell
    Free Member

Amazing. Watching his shadow close right up to him in that col was scary stuff.

sok

Love the concept of a helmet. Like it will save you if you crash into a tree at that speed.

rossi46
    Free Member

Christ allmighty!

Thats hardcore……. 😯

brooess
    Free Member

Love the concept of a helmet. Like it will save you if you crash into a tree at that speed.

more about helping visibility. You need goggles when you’re flying at 100+mph but they limit your field of vision. You can put an open face helmet on but it can lift off your head at that speed
    so full face with a visor is much better. And it gives you something to attach your camera to

PJM1974
    Free Member

I too was hoping he’d make it all the way to the lake!

Amazing stuff, the naysayers can write what they like but the bloke has far bigger balls than me.

ComradeD
    Free Member

Love the music in the first link, goes so well with that type of video

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Good shout comrade.

Does anyone know what the music is?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘This guy has serious balls! Wow!’ is closed to new replies.