Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • This Forum is…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

… becoming a tedious hangout for the usual suspects to bicker with each other about their perceived shortcomings (linguistic, politic, philosophic and so on…) like a bunch of miserable old pensioners.

As interesting as watching a boil leaking.

Discuss.

Jamie
    Free Member

It stinks of self fulfilling prophecies in here.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

… becoming a tedious hangout for the usual suspects to bicker with each other about their perceived shortcomings (linguistic, politic, philosophic and so on…) like a bunch of miserable old pensioners.

Agree

khani
    Free Member

y’know’ Like’ I mean there’s a lot of English teachers’ innit!

nickjb
    Free Member

Seems OK to me but I don’t bother with political threads or threads over a couple of pages.

oldgit
    Free Member

like a bunch of miserable old pensioners.

You rang? Old and claiming my pension.

duntstick
    Free Member
    leggyblonde
    Free Member

I like it! Often good advice on random subjects and mostly good banter. It’s generally easy to avoid the bitchy threads by their titles or authors.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I suggest Specialized The Captains for tedious drivelling and abuse.

sssimon
    Free Member

becoming? surely that’s what a forum is

bigyinn
    Free Member

What would Jesus write?

MrsToast
    Free Member

I like this forum, I discovered that “Baby Womble” is a breed of dog.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I discovered Luminous lights on this website – for that alone, I am grateful 😉

thomthumb
    Free Member

more and more like a old peoples home every day. same conversations too.

sharki
    Free Member

Becoming?

Na! it’s been like this for the last few years, you’re just a little more sensitive now and reading into it more.

Trick is to not GAS about others opinions, not to ask questions and expect serious answers and learn to filter through all the crap and find the one post you chose to agree with.

Anyone who struggles to get it, should learn to accept the predicted behaviour of those few, whom have personal issues with certain others and ignore it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The weather’s taken a turn for the worst.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Less so I’d say! Apart from my own engaging/hilarious input of course.

deep_river
    Free Member

Hah you wanna try the UKClimbing forum. This is like playschool compared to that.

You would think half the worlds subject matter experts are on there. Its enough to make a person stop visiting the site alltogether.

JulianA
    Free Member

Where are my slippers?

muddy_bum
    Free Member

I remember when it were all fields..

IanMunro
    Free Member

I went over there once and asked a perfectly reasonably question about where I could buy some bolts and what sort of drill to use to make a route a bit more manageable for mere mortals and they were most rude in response.

grumm
    Free Member

close the door on your way out

Hah you wanna try the UKClimbing forum. This is like playschool compared to that.

Yup. Try starting a thread there asking how to set up a top rope because you want to take a stag group up to the Roaches. Top roping usually gets them going.

AndyRT
    Free Member

can someone chew my beef, it’s getting to be far too much effort to be bothered…

Jamie
    Free Member

Apart from my own engaging/hilarious input of course.

It’s the only reason I come here.

Well, that and the free mints.

deep_river
    Free Member

Haha nice one, I can why on that one though! Dont worry im not gonna have a go, I hate sport climbing anyway 🙂

deep_river
    Free Member

yep, top-roping and students are good for a ‘healthy debate’

yunki
    Free Member

this forum is the bane of my life

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

im only here for the sex 🙂

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

I’ve never known a place with so many ill informed, opinonated, misguided, middle aged, fat, slow and ugly toss pots.

I feel right at home! 😆

Cougar

Hi, you must be new to the Internet.

You put a group of people together with ostensibly nothing in common other than a shared interest, you’re going to get friction. That’s not a failing of STW, that’s a feature of people.

Best best is not to rise to the bait; the male hens identify themselves fairly readily.

Cougar

As an aside, I use a BBS that predates the world wide web. (Gratuitous plug, http://www.mono.org, tell ’em I sent you.) Happens there sometimes too. It’s like being in a pub full of crotchetty old regulars, it’s the most comfortable place in the world but you’ve got to roll with the punches.

I rather like STW for just that reason.

Cougar

I went over there once and asked a perfectly reasonably question about where I could buy some bolts and what sort of drill to use to make a route a bit more manageable for mere mortals and they were most rude in response.

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read today, well done. (-:

CountZero

It’s like being in a pub full of crotchetty old regulars, it’s the most comfortable place in the world but you’ve got to roll with the punches.

Couldn’t agree more. Love it here. Mine’s a pint of Broadside, by the way.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but you’ve got to roll with the punches.

aren’t they more like air kisses ??

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    this forum is the bane of my life

😯

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I like the pictures of nuclear war victims.

brakes
    Free Member

Discuss.

I don’t believe discussion is possible on forums, most people just talk at each other rather than to each other. It’s like being at work.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I blame TJ.

Bing
    Free Member

Where do i get the free mints?

kaesae
    Free Member

Why not change the tempo and start a new dance?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘This Forum is…’ is closed to new replies.