Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thinking of Selling my MTB!
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Hardly used my MTB last year and now thinking of selling it. I always struggle with my mojo when I ride it. I much prefer road cycling now. I expect there will be times I will regret selling it, however the up keep is another factor having a full susser sitting there doing nothing can’t be good for it and on the whole I can always hire or borrow a bike if needbe. It’s a Turner DW 5 Spot 2011 and not seen any on fleabay so I’m wondering are they quite sought after as I’ve not taken an active interest of late of all things mtb.

stevied
    Free Member

Frames seem to go for £300-500 ish looking at completed listings on eBay, complete bikes from £700-1000ish. All depends how much hassle you want but you’d get more splitting it.

coogan
    Free Member

Dunno if they are sought after or not, awesome bike though, but took me months to flog my frame. Got £375 for mine. Less than what I wanted, but was the only price that finally came up.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Great bike, keep it and plan an mtb trip to somewhere new.

Road is good fun and very convenient, but it will never scratch the same itch as mtb.

I suggest a CX bike to lure you back to the filth 💡

toby1

Do you also live in the wild flat lands of East Anglia, where every worthwhile ride is a drive away?

I don’t use my MTB nearly enough, but I don’t think I’d ever want to be without it.

lowey

Can it take a tapered Fork ? They changed the headtube about then and the Geomoetry.

If its the old headtube that can not take a tapered fork, then you are going to struggle to sell it on I would have thought.

Just keep it. Awesome bike and you never know you might get your mojo back.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I live in North Wales so plenty of great MTBing, looking at what I would get for the bike I may hang onto it and give the trails another go and decide then or perhaps give cyclecross a go and if that floats my boat see if anyone wants to do a swap.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Given what you’ll get back for selling it, is it really worth the loss?

If you ever do fancy a ride, without an MTB you won’t get the choice, and you’ll certainly not get anything that rides as well as a DW 5spot for the value that you’ll get for it.

Maybe if you’re not feeling the love for that particular bike you could chop it in and replace it with a reasonable hard tail in a cost neutral approach. Then you still have something, and it would be different to what you had?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of Selling my MTB!’ is closed to new replies.