Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Thinking of leaving the STW jobless club
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Got one job for definite and another possible. The definite job is 4months contracting followed by a switch to perm.

Is it worth setting up a Ltd company for 4 months?

I reckon I have lots of start up expenses I could put through during that period such as suits and car services so it might be nice and tax efficient rather than using an umbrella company.

Pigface
    Free Member

And the outcry about MP’s milking the system. . . . . . . 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Excellent news WCA 8) Can’t comment on the ltd co. though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

How about if you just get paid cash in hand and carry on signing on?
    Just checking the bearings on your moral compass.

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

moonlighting.. is that not what its called???

martyntr
    Free Member

Good luck man… i had another interview today. Could be a return to retail 🙁 …. not sure I want it, but the money’s great, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and 20% discount 😉

NHS or Retail ??

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just realised this means I won’t get paid for the week off when I prepare and clear up after the Big Bike Bash. That’s another £10K it will cost me, gulp.

andywhit
    Free Member

🙄

bigsi
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident – Member
    Just realised this means I won’t get paid for the week off when I prepare and clear up after the Big Bike Bash. That’s another £10K it will cost me, gulp.

Tell you what WCA, you work that week, I’ll prepare and clear up after BBB and go 50/50 on the 10K you would have lost by not being at work.

That £5k is more than 4 months wages to me 🙁 😉

aracer
    Free Member

That’s another £10K it will cost me, gulp.

I feel your pain WCA – it’s so unfair that you’ll lose such a huge amount more money than I would if I took a week off work unpaid.

Who’s next in line to offer their sympathy?

Hairychested
    Free Member

WCA, what’s £10k to a man like you? Set it up (Ltd) and enjoy milking the system. A man need a new suit and you’ll get 20% plus VAT back so it’ll untimately cost you less.

jimmy

boohoo. i’m in with bigsi for 3.3k if more than one needed.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

10k in one week! WTF!

Sandwich

Are you still here? I don’t know, you come round here flaunting job offers… 😀

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

WCA – you don’t need to set up a limited company – try http://www.paymatters.co.uk and put loads of expenses against tax to make it worth it your while!!! It’s not as good as a limited company overall but for that period of time, it wouldn’t be worth paying the insurance etc. etc. Paymatters provide all that as part of it but unless you put expenses against it, it won’t be much better than PAYE. Obviously there are other companies but we like them because they’re legal (tons aren’t!) and efficient.

erm… what job in IT pays 10K a week? lol.

Gary_M
    Free Member

erm… what job in IT pays 10K a week? lol.

Well I’m pretty sure he doesn’t earn anywhere near that amount, but it does seem to be yet another one of the guys ‘look at me I earn lots’ posts.
    Of course he’ll advise us all that the 10k thing was a joke but he likes us all to know he earns a good salary. How a fella so seemingly obsessed with displaying his wealth coped with redundancy is beyond me. I find it all rather vulgar and middle class.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Sorry, didn’t see the show-off post (£10k thing). If you’re obviously that much of a t1t then please ignore what I said. Wish I had things to show off about online, particularly something as vulgar as how much money I have.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sorry, didn’t mean to be vulgar about the money. Short term contracts seem to pay quite well though I will lose the week before the BBB and probably the week after as they don’t like to pay for part weeks. Not bragging and not bothered about peoples perceptions (too much).

nuttysquirrel – Thanks, I will check them out.

Anyone who does want to help with the set up and clear up of the BBB please contact me via the website. Can’t promise free entry or anything but there may be some spare beer from the beer festival that will need disposing of 😉

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Kiplings If

There are a couple of lines in this that may be applicable 🙂

Free Member

imo, if you earn ‘good’ money – well done and i sincerely hope you continue to do so!

if you don’t earn what you would perceive as ‘good’ money, study more, work harder and progress your career – otherwise keep shtum!

all imo of course 😉

I earn next to nothing, but, its my business and I don’t comment! 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of leaving the STW jobless club’ is closed to new replies.