Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • Thinking of leaving girlfriend or rather will be leaving
  • Cougar

Something doesn’t add up here. Your household income is three times what mine is, how can there be no money left?

I understand your reservations about leaving, but your main concern seems to be leaving them in the lurch financially when they’re pulling in nearly three grand a month between them. They don’t need your money, they need to learn how to not piss away thousands each month. As do you, by the sound of it.

Rent in East Lancs must be, what, £500? Say same again for living expenses, that takes us to a grand. Food for 27 animals, god knows, say another grand. And what’s the car repayments, could be anything, let’s be generous and say £500 to cover running costs. That takes is to two and a half grand out a five grand household income. Even taking your “disposable income” into account (and here’s a clue, stop disposing of it), we’re still missing about a grand.

You’ve said yourself, she can afford to pay for her car, and that seems to be the main thing you’re covering for her. I put it to you sir, with respect, that you’re making excuses not to leave. Get out of there.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yeah, there’s something odd going on for sure.

She admitted to me the other day she has £30 a day disposable income!!! I have £25 a day

That’s just over £20,000 disposable income between the pair of them per year. Times must be very hard…..

leffeboy

Even taking your “disposable income” into account (and here’s a clue, stop disposing of it)

🙂 vast amount of wisdom right there

fatmax

Leave now. Start 2015 as you mean to go on.

mrmoofo

Something doesn’t add up here. Your household income is three times what mine is, how can there be no money left?

I understand your reservations about leaving, but your main concern seems to be leaving them in the lurch financially when they’re pulling in nearly three grand a month between them. They don’t need your money, they need to learn how to not piss away thousands each month. As do you, by the sound of it.

Rent in East Lancs must be, what, £500? Say same again for living expenses, that takes us to a grand. Food for 27 animals, god knows, say another grand. And what’s the car repayments, could be anything, let’s be generous and say £500 to cover running costs. That takes is to two and a half grand out a five grand household income. Even taking your “disposable income” into account (and here’s a clue, stop disposing of it), we’re still missing about a grand.

You’ve said yourself, she can afford to pay for her car, and that seems to be the main thing you’re covering for her. I put it to you sir, with respect, that you’re making excuses not to leave. Get out of there.

Being played, methinks
    And BTW, just cos I’m old and wiser, re the text thing. There is absolutely a physical aspect to that going on … and she is probably telling him that you are mean, beat her, don’t understand her etc ….

robowns
    Free Member

Sorry I do confess to skipping some of the thread, but if your pulling in £2k a month and live up north, why do you need to move in to your mums?

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Just shy of £2,000 a month. But with sickness this month I’m down to £1400. Moved back into mum’s temporary yesterday. Collect rest of my stuff when mates free with a van on 28th. As predicted the guilt text of my life ain’t worth living if you leave appeared at 0700 this morning.

But no contact since. Get Christmas over with then my three days off will be spent moving stuff out. Then January look for a place to live.

2hottie
    Free Member

Good luck op. Brave move that try to keep busy as not to dwell on it all. I’m sure a few bike rides will help take your mind of it all.

batfink
    Free Member

Well I’m glad you’ve half-committed!

How much sh*t have you got? Just rent a van and go and get it right now, today. Whats stopping you? JFDI man!

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I think you deserve each other. I’m sure you will both be unhappy together for a long time to come.

kudos100
    Free Member

Good for you mate. Now don’t give in when it starts getting tough and go back. If you do she will have your balls in a jar in no time.

I reckon it will take 6 months, but after you will look back and realise how much better off you are.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Only thing stopping me is transport (motorbike owner) and night shifts till boxing day. But trying to avoid when she is there also.
    All my clothes are there. But nothing two big suitcases and one can, two car trips won’t sort. If I had my own car I would have it all out sooner.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m sure there is a STW’er local, who can aid you in this endeavour.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Already looking up a two bedroom apartment. Close to my mate, family five minutes away. Lived in one with my ex before this ex. Brand spanking new. Fully furnished tastefully. £500 a month. Down the estate agents when they are open again.

withersea
    Free Member

Yay, good for you. New bike credit for you!

ElShalimo

Best of luck mate.
    It’ll be hard for a while but you will adapt to your new life and then things will improve

Candodavid
    Free Member

OP. Where are you ? If I’m local I will help with your move

weeksy

You’ve done the right thing fella 🙂 Well done.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

and night shifts till boxing day

And she’s working Xmas day. Get in there and clean out, Winston Wolf style.

jkomo

+1 for van

If any places open this morn, you’d get a three day rental for very little.

Then, Boxing Day take your mates to some big hills in the van.

Get your stuff out and cut ties ASAP.

woody2000

Good luck op, stay strong now!

Houns

Good luck, and well done!

I can emphasise being with someone with a zoo for a house, Miss Houns place is like it but fortunately does keep on top of it all!

boxelder

New flat?

Does it allow pets?………

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Yeah be hard but no stranger to break ups. Not the longest relationship I’ve been in (2 years this one). Be kept quite occupied with work. And I’ll go and see my mate. My bearded Dragon is being re homed, the snakes are going to my mate for now and if no pets allowed he will buy them off me.

Shame it’s ended, but the zoo getting bigger, plus the texting her previous sexual partner then more animals added was the last straw.

Her mum can blame me all she wants but I know I’m not in the wrong. Most blokes would of gone long before I have.

stumpy01

Good luck with it. Sounds like you’ve done the right thing.

Just don’t cave in to the texts etc. and go back…..

You’ve made the right decision, you know nothing will change/improve so time to move on.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Change your mobile number and email address at least as well as she’ll start bombarding you once she realises that you’re not going back.

Oh and good luck, you’ve made the right decision.

oldnick

Block her number on your phone and junk her email address, there will be a surge of contact from the zookeeper until she realises you aren’t going back, and there’s no point enduring it when technology makes it so easy to avoid.

You sound a bit pissed off now, it’s a really good sign, you are right to be.

Happy Christmas 🙂

sherpa87
    Free Member

Good luck pal. Leaving all your wordly possessions in the house may turn out to be a school boy error though. Hell hath no fury and all that.

Cougar

Her mum can blame me all she wants but I know I’m not in the wrong.

Her mum can stick a potato up her nose and call herself Lord Kimbote of the planet Flangios for the difference it makes to anything. What’s your relationship got to do with her?

nealglover
    Free Member

Her mum can blame me all she wants but I know I’m not in the wrong. Most blokes would of gone long before I have.

Who cares what her mum thinks ?

She’s just some woman you don’t know anymore. Her opinion is irrelevant and shouldn’t even cross your mind.

You’ve done the right thing, just don’t let yourself down and let her trick you into going back.

By the sound of it she’s likely to try.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Well done that man.

If you can, make the move out clean and one hit. You need to limit your exposure now to prevent ‘mission creep’.

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

think of all the new bikes you’ll be able to buy!

Nobby

Well done.

Now go and enjoy the rest of your life. 🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

What’s your relationship got to do with her?

At a guess, having given up on getting the answer he wants here, he’s hoping mummy-in-law will persuade him to stay.

Rorschach
    Free Member

biglee1

I agree with getting your stuff out of her gaff ASAP, then at least your jeans will still have 2 legs and shirts have both arms the same length! Get a big rucksack and make a few journeys on the bike when shes out, dont pi ss about waiting for folk

Murray

If it’s just 2 suitcases of clothes, leave it. Small price to pay for a clean break.

Good luck – New Year, New Beginning.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Meanwhile, news is out that with internet access having been restored, Netflix can now show The Interview in North Korea

pk13

From experience I would be changing every password you’ve had even if you think they are safe. Good look fella each day that passes will make you wonder why you did not do it yonks ago

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Don’t feel bad OP. It looks like she’s dating already.

click

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of leaving girlfriend or rather will be leaving’ is closed to new replies.