Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thinking of going to French Alps in summer with family 2 weeks
  • kwack
    Free Member

Hi,

Sure its been asked before. I am looking to go to French Alps for the family summer holiday. Kids will be 9 and 13, reasonable on a bike so would need green style trails. I am comfortable on red trails.

I am after an area that has more than just MTB. I am guessing we would go say 4/5 times over a two week period

What areas also have loads of other stuff to do somewhere similar to a Eurocamp site that has swimming pool, outdoor activities etc

Would drive over from Calais so expect a 10+hour drive with stopover

Anyone done something similar and can recommend areas and accommodation

Cheers
    KWack

matt_outandabout

We are off to Auverne area, with same idea.

We will bike and walk around Super-Besse and hills, canoe on the Allier.

10 days in a gite in a quiet village, 5 miles from busier place, last week of June and first week July (Scottish hols) is £380. AirBnB on way down and back @£70-90 a night is same as cheap F1 hotel, but with our own facilities. All cheaper than tents.

Marko

Have a look at Venosc. Municipal pool, ‘Go Ape’ type thing, Horse riding, Rafting, Via Ferrata and Biking.Plenty of easy MTB routes at Deus Alpes.

Not far to Briancion (or Grenoble for that matter) for a bit of history and culture.

We’ve stayed here:

La Cascade

Hth

Marko

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of going to French Alps in summer with family 2 weeks’ is closed to new replies.