Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • thinking of getting a trek slash 8
  • milkyman
    Free Member

I have a trek stach 8 ht at the moment, but I am thinking of going back to a full sus, the slash 8 has caught my eye for a number of reasons, the fella in the bike shop seems to think it will be to much bike and was trying to sway me towards a remedy, he didn’t have either in stock so he wasn’t trying to sell me something he couldn’t shift of his floor

so does any one have one and if you do is it any good, most of my riding is in the peaks so its either up hill or down hill and pretty rocky, most of my rides are 1 to 5 hours, and I don’t want something that will be a real drag to ride near the end of the day

the slash 8 comes with travel adjustable forks so it should make going up hill a bit easier

cheers for any advice
    craig

atlaz
    Free Member

most of my rides are 1 to 5 hours

I think most peoples rides fit into that sort of time window 🙂

GHill

I’d be thinking more about the Remedy for that type of riding. The Slash is a lot of bike, but it depends where your heart is.

Rosss
    Free Member

My brother has a Slash 7 with every part changed which i’m selling on his behalf now. There are a few things to consider with the slash one being it’s extremely hard to fit a coil shock to one, the shock has to be internally milled and have top hats custom made to fit – Not a cheap job my brother got a CCDB made to fit and it absolutely transforms the bike. Another thing is the snapping chainstays, I have yet to see a pre 2014 without the updated chainstay that has not snapped regardless of riding style or use, my brother has the updated stays off the 2014 fitted to rectify this. They can be built up pretty light and climbing with one is not a chore at all, my brother climbs his around Dartmoor no issues at all and if you’re doing rocky decents it’s a beast, just like a light mini session. Sure it might be a little too much bike for some riding but when your throwing it around downhill easily and it climbs well who ares. I always believe that the climbing ability is down to weight, shock tune and suspension design therefore a well sorted Slash should climbing not to desimilar to the Remedy at all but is a better decender. I’ve got to say it helps how good they look too…

Any questions post back here or send me an email and i’ll try and help.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

BikeParkWales are selling their rental fleet you maybe able to pick up a bargain there

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘thinking of getting a trek slash 8’ is closed to new replies.