• This topic has 188 replies, 87 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 189 total)
  • Thinking of buying a RANGE ROVER Evoque
  • mudmuncher

1. It’s Land Rover, not landrover.
    2. In this context it’s £40k from, not £40k off.
    3. I’d probably use a semicolon to link the first and second sentences, but that’s just me.

1. Actually it’s a Tata.
    2. Prefer “happy to take £40K off you” as it carries the subtle implication you are being fleeced.
    3. That is just you.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Very expensive ! If you’ve that sort of money to spend have a look at the new Porsche Macan, I suspect it will cost you less to own over three years and will be much better made.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Project’s finest troll in ages. Good work, op.

iolo
    Free Member

TATA build them better than the shite that was previously called Range Rover mind.
    Have you noticed how many AA trucks have Range Rovers on the back.
    My old gaffer paid 75k for a Ranger Rover Vogue in 2002 new.
    He hardly drove the bloody thing, braking down, suspension faults, electrical faults, every bloody fault.
    The Indians at least seem to do it better. My OH’s Disco has been faultless and she does around 50,000 kilometers a year.
    OH, Buy new,get a warranty, put it against your business if you have one, what’s not to lose?
    Or you could get a panda 4×4 and spend the difference on prostitutes and cocaine.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Leaving the gym today and look what I saw, looks like an Evoque with a porche style badge with “RR” in the centre, with Revere branding all over it. Looked on the DAP cars site and Revere London site and these go for £79,000 😯 😯 😯

cruzcampo
    Free Member

………

iolo
    Free Member

You liked so much you posted it twice.
    I like that.
    Overfinch do some crackers too.

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

Very expensive ! If you’ve that sort of money to spend have a look at the new Porsche Macan, I suspect it will cost you less to own over three years and will be much better made.

Apart from an 18 month wait

cruzcampo
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    You liked so much you posted it twice.
    I like that.
    Overfinch do some crackers too.

My android loves a good double post 😆

PS I wonder if they have kids, or just parking the family bay due to their new “rights” after spending £79k 😆

iolo
    Free Member

OP, save a few more pennies and go for one of these.
    Now that’s a nice car.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

@iolo in fact that looks the same as what I seen at the gym, a new RR sport, albeit Revere VS overfinch aftermarket kits.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Which is basically a posher version of a Q5, so surely no better than an Evoque being a tarted up Freelander….

I don’t think Porsche are that well made given the engine issues that have plagued them since the original Boxster and the 996 onwards (IMS bearings, bore scoring etc). I don’t doubt that it’ll sell well…pretty sure that the 4×4’s will be the mainstay of the Porsche range in terms of numbers sold.

iolo
    Free Member

pretty sure that the 4×4’s will be the mainstay of the Porsche range in terms of numbers sold.

Virtually every street here in Vienna has at least 3 Cayennes parked.
    Will someone correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t these Touaregs in a nice dress?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Apart from an 18 month wait

@engineer Is that right !! I saw my first one the other day, was ok not wow but you can’t expect much as its a 4×4 saloon.

@mindmap – yup when I first saw the Cayenne I wondered what Porsche where thinking but it’s been a hugely successful model for them, big money earner. I’ll put my hand up and say I’d take a Macan or more likely a 1+yr old face lifted Cayenne over any land / range rover all day long. Build quality and reliability are excellent. Anyway back in the real world it will probably be an old rav4 to put the bikes and other crap in.

@iolo same floorplan as Q7 / Toureg but so much more engineering in terms of drivetrain etc and of course body and interior

philjunior
    Free Member

Is it bad that this thread made me look up used Porsche Cayenne Turbos? Casual browsing turned up a Turbo (ten years old with “a few” miles on it) for £8995 asking price.

And it’d do everything (except being cheap to run), even proper off roading if you chuck the right tyres on.

Plus it’s a petrol so you’re not damaging the children’s lungs with nasty diesel emissions.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@phil, it doesn’t make you a bad man, I’ve gone from hater (first models where ugly) to really liking the new model.

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

@engineer Is that right !! I saw my first one the other day, was ok not wow but you can’t expect much as its a 4×4 saloon.

When they got released last December yes. Not sure what the current up to date wait. Going to check before I order my discovery

dee2hig
    Free Member

At risk of being lambasted….. I bought an Evoque (Pure, Tech, Coupe, SD4) two years ago and have been delighted with it. It’s comfortable (get the heated seats!), fuel efficient (yes, really!) and dead practical for bikes (I have a tow ball bike rack which is great). My only criticisms would be that the boot is a tad small, and the access to the back seat isn’t easy. If you like the looks, which I do, go for it.

DT78
    Free Member

@phil have a look at how much a set of tyres will cost you. A mate had one and got roughly 8000 miles out of a set….

jambalaya
    Free Member

@engineer, lot less interior space than a Disco, more Q3 than Q5 in that regard I would say. I wouldn’t say no though !

@phil have a look at how much a set of tyres will cost you. A mate had one and got roughly 8000 miles out of a set….

Blimey. How did he drive it ??? Should be good for 20,000+ driven normally

wilburt
    Free Member

Shouldn’t that be parked in a disabled space?

matt_outandabout

aP – Member

I can’t imagine ever wanting to buy an Evoque. If I wanted a 4×4 I’d buy something like a Land Crusier because they don’t let you down, I’d never want a SUV because I’d buy something with space on the inside and the rest of the time I want something cheap and economical. I have no need or desire to try and pretend to people I don’t know that I’m living a lifestyle that they want to aspire to. It’s not envy, I’m just not interested in what other people’s aspirations are.
    ^this (or Defender 110, because they make me smile when I drive them)

stoffel
    Free Member

If you like the looks, which I do, go for it.

😆

Some peope like these:

iolo
    Free Member

I had a Defender 110 as works truck for a bit. The noisiest thing I’ve ever had. You went over 50mph the panels would shake. Cassette player on a 2010 model. That was the only mod con. Bloody awful thing.

matt_outandabout

^but that is why I don’t have one. But if I needed one, say I owned a hill farm, then I would.

CountZero

loddrik – Member
    Range rovers of any sort are driven by ****.

Really good at sweeping generalisations, then.
    A good friend of mine has a new RR Sport, replacing his previous model Sport. He’s someone I have a great deal of respect for, who travels to very dangerous parts of the world to help very disadvantaged people.
    He’s many times the man you are.

konabunny
    Free Member

OP, save a few more pennies and go for one of these.
    Now that’s a nice car.

good call , I’ve always liked the Ford Flex.

p8ddy
    Free Member

Mind factor in the extra cost of getting indicators fitted. As far as I can tell, Range Rover don’t seem to fit them as standard. 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I bought an Evoque (Pure, Tech, Coupe, SD4) two years ago and have been delighted with it. It’s comfortable (get the heated seats!), fuel efficient (yes, really!) and dead practical for bikes (I have a tow ball bike rack which is great).

OK, so not that practical..

My only criticisms would be that the boot is a tad small, and the access to the back seat isn’t easy. If you like the looks, which I do, go for it.

if you want to put something in the back?
    I was amazed when I saw then just how small they were and when you look at what the interior is like you can tell it’s designed to carry some nice shopping bags at most 😉

tonyg2003

They are small in the back but no worse than the size vs boot space of a something like a Nissan Juke.

jambalaya
    Free Member

They are small in the back but no worse than the size vs boot space of a something like a Nissan Juke.

But the Juke is tiny ! The Evoke is a style over substance car, no issue with that but you have to accept it for what it is.

iolo
    Free Member

OP, as everyone hates the evoque get a Hummer. They’re cool.

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

If your buying new vw toureg

Jamie
    Free Member

Just get a Cayman. Hunter S Thompson likes ’em.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25gSLDx_2m0[/video]

iolo
    Free Member

That Cayman video is bloody awful. The most annoying voice ever.

mudmuncher

project – Member
    Going for a test drive of one next week,hopefully the above comments want cloud my mind with negativity, and obvious jealousy of the lower clases

We were all looking forward to the road test report.

Did it fit into the disabled spaces?

matt_outandabout

The Evoque would, but the X6 in Denny high school today could only manage diagonally across two spaces. 😕

garage-dweller

Just two? I assume they were the spaces for the school buses. 😛

RagTi
    Free Member

Range rover evoque………I would rather guide my dad into my mum !

mudmuncher

Think project has his eye on one of these instead……

http://www.roverparts.com/News/Archive/TheBurberryRangeRoverSport.cfm

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 189 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of buying a RANGE ROVER Evoque’ is closed to new replies.