Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Thinking about snowboarding
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

youtube

That was quite inspiring 😀

Stuey01
    Free Member

Nice find! What a brilliant vid.

The bit at the end where he basically straightlines it through that ultra narrow chute… 😯 😯

Wish I could ride like that.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

*Likes*

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Good Stick-cam!

Good look finding pow-chutes like that!

His riding is compotent but not inspiring, I’d say. He looks very close to losing it on the last run.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“He looks very close to losing it on the last run”

Yeah I thought that too. Thinking back a couple of year to my last trip to La Plagne, there are chutes of varying width on La Rochette near the fast bubble lift that I fancied, but bottled.

I just got a Gopro so I think I’ll get the bar mount and use a stick – it’s a very nice perspective.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Yeah I thought that too. Thinking back a couple of year to my last trip to La Plagne, there are chutes of varying width on La Rochette near the fast bubble lift that I fancied, but bottled.

I’m sure they’re not all that scary with some snow on them, but you’ll have to hit the right conditions and then beat the ski patrol and all their buddies.

soulrider
    Free Member

for amazing MAHOOSIVE mountain boarding check out ‘Deeper’

fantastic movie

passtherizla
    Free Member

Loadsa new films out this year too… the totally over hyped Art Of Flight massive budget redbull movie, with massive incosistencies one line the guy chnages clothes twice… FFS redbull sort it out you douchers.

This year I shall be mainly riding scotland if it gets any snow that is.

nice vid.

Raymond

Not sure about holding an ice axe while riding. I think I’d rather take my chances on the board stopping me sliding after a fall rather than taking an axe in the head!

DezB
    Free Member

That’s lovely. Powder like that… I dream of it!
    You can keep your massive jump videos, I like to see someone carving on the pow. I guess its nearer to what I can do (although not to that standard, or obviously oliverd’s 😉 )

Woody
    Free Member

Not sure about holding an ice axe while riding

I thought that too – madness 😯 Nice chutes and powder though.

Getting excited about the season now and thanks for reminding me I need to pay my subs for Weardale Ski

flamejob
    Free Member

Lovely.

Especially after buying Art of Flight on iTunes this week.

Now [slight hyjack], as I live in Switzerland now I need to know which snowboard to get (we’re talking ebay here). Being a born-again boarder I haven’t got a danny. Anyone?

freeridenick
    Free Member

I would say he is a very tidy rider..a lovely relaxed style

nothing wrong with riding steeps with a axe – I do it quite often, nice to have the security.

RE: La Plagne – My group opening up the North face of the Bellecotte last season ( I am on the board) 8)
    http://www.vimeo.com/10508747
    what an epic run of 1400m pow pow….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Thinking about snowboarding’ is closed to new replies.