Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Thinking about moving to St Evenage (snob content)
  • DrRSwank
    Free Member

Hmmmm,

This is a difficult one. Whilst I appreciate people are self employed, I also think that little thought is made these days to others in the community.

A "nice" neighbourhood can quickly look less nice with lots of vans parked around…..

I've nothing against free enterprise, but sometimes both sides of the equation can be thoughtless. My personal experience from the past was of a nice place where everyone parked off road, and only had cars, ruined by some knob in his transit who insisted on parking kerbside and making a pain of himself.

I know this'll get me flamed but vans just make a nice estate look like a gypo camp. Don't like it, never will. Works vans are for work, not for use as home transport. Sorry….

Bullet

Feeling I may have over reacted slightly to original post, apologies!

tron
    Free Member

One of my mates had his neighbours call round once. A tradesman had been parking his van by the side of his house, pretty much out of sight to him due to the garden fence.

Neighbours wanted everyone on the street to club together and tell this bloke to shift his van somewhere else. After all, what if somebody thought it belonged to one of us! 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BobaFatt
    Free Member

have to admit i kinda agree with the whole "tracksuit/van/argos" comment, my brother in law stays in Welwyn Garden City and we go down there quite often…….even i wouldn't move to Hatfield

Ok some guys work from their van and its their living, but when you see transit after transit parked in an estate it does put you off moving there. the tracksuits and the argos kinda go hand in hand

good luck, you're moving into a brave new world there……..what about Old Welwyn? (or is that too dear?)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I spent a very happy 18months in Baldock and I'd happily live there again. Shame its in the South East really.

Some superb pubs and as far as I'm aware, the only Grade 2 listed tescos in the UK!

There's also some ok'ish riding straight out the door from Baldock. I managed to devise a 25 ish mile route with plenty of cheeky Singletrack.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

No worries Bullet – it's all good.

I've put an offer in on a house south of St Evenage – accepted, and just waiting now.

I was horribly dissappointed by some of the houses. Gorgeous, wonderful homes, but 5 beds, and one parking space – it's mad! There were vans and cars everywhere!

Where I am (hope to be!) is close enough to work and close enough to the shops of town to be OK.

Old Welwyn is just horribly expensive unless you want to live in one of the ex-Council properties, which kinda brings me back to the above……

It's just me, so I don't need a huge house. So I'd rather spend my dosh on location. The house I've offered on has off-road parking for lotsa cars, and sees nothing but trees from the gardens. I'm happy. St Evenage has suprised me happily 🙂

jedi

so aston

englishbob
    Free Member

I hope you'll be happy there. By brother in laws brother has just had is settlement and his ex walks away with all profit on the house up to 110% of the current value. He has therefore made nothing on the family home in terms of an investment.

All the best in your new home!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I hope there are plenty of cock-ended car driving anti social tw4ts there to help you settle in 😀

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Not Aston Jedi – Hertford Road.

But it's all SSTC at the moment so a long way to go.

DD – I am hopeful that St Evenage will have some kind of club for Jag driving Victor Meldrews. If not, then I'll set one up 😉

jedi

near old nursery then

DrRSwank
    Free Member

No idea mate! LOL

It's all still a mystery to me. All I know is my garden won't be overlooked and I can see nowt but trees.

I really do not know the area at all…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I really do not know the area at all…..

Sounds like famous last words to me…

Bullet

Head for the Barton hills for some nice riding – good climbs and fun descents.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

<sobs uncontrollably>
    How about Harpenden?, it's where all the herts 'wannabes' flock to, it used to be so nice too…
    </sobs uncontrollably>

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Thinking about moving to St Evenage (snob content)’ is closed to new replies.