Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Think I may have ruined any chance of getting fit this winter
  • muggomagic

Just bought an xbox 360 and I’m really enjoying playing it online (despite being no more than cannon fodder). The problem is that now I no longer want to go out riding of an evening, but rather stay indoors in my comfy chair playing games.
    Will I grow out of it before it’s too late?
    If not what games are good for playing online?

Jamie
    Free Member

You can do both y’know.

Saying that I sold my xbox in spring as I knew it would not get much use, but am going to pick another one up next month for a bit of winter gaming. Plus side is all the games that game out in the summer are now reduced.

My shopping list is going to be:

Halo Reach
    Red Dead Redemption
    BioShock 2
    Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
    Alan Wake

etc.

jon1973
    Free Member

Ride to and from work if you can. Then, once you’re home you can be as idle as you like without feeling guilty.

muggomagic

Already ride to work, I live less than a mile away and a couple of days a week I take the long route which ups it to 12 miles.
    The problem is I’m quite a heavy drinker. Something which the gaming is actually helping with, as I’m not going for post ride beers in the pub.

Thanks for the game recommendations. I’ll be looking for pre-owned copies of them.

ourmaninthenorth

Can you play while sat on a turbo in your living room?

You might die more often when the tabata protocol kicks in, though….

finbar
    Free Member

I had a PS2 and i decided i had to sell it because i was spending every spare hour playing Gran Turismo.

Wierdbeard
    Free Member

Riding or xbox! No competition really, ride, ride ride.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s like no-one has heard of moderation…..

oxforddan
    Free Member

Moderation??? I have just sold my ps3 – over 300 hours online gaming on cod 2 in 6 months!!! had to go as im fat!!

teadrinker
    Free Member

Just bought an xbox 360 and I’m really enjoying playing it online (despite being no more than cannon fodder). The problem is that now I no longer want to go out riding of an evening, but rather stay indoors in my comfy chair playing games.

Seconded 😀

Will I grow out of it before it’s too late?

No. Just enjoy it.

muggomagic

Gamertag: mugstud. for anyone that wants to get their kill count up on COD MW2

verses

Spent my 20s on the PS1&2.
    Spending my 30s on the bike.

I miss the gaming a little, but regret spending as much time doing it as I did.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Having spent the summer on my bike I have acted on a recent urge to play again. Bought F1 2010 and some Digital Headphones and realized it was a big mistake. Been playing every night for the past week. Enjoying COD MW2 again too. Have they released a patch to stop Nuke Boosting? I haven’t come across one since i’ve been back on.

atlaz
    Free Member

I only had a couple of incidents of nuke boosting before but I had a hiatus while I played Fallout 2 (for sale if anyone wants my copy) so perhaps I missed the worst period of it.

For the OP… moderation as jamie said.

nicholasnismo
    Free Member

Bloody hell Tim you need to sort yourself out mate and start coming out again, I will be out shortly as I will soon have the Yeti back up and running, only problem now is me bloody night lights have given up.

Have you new lights as see you sold the Exposure ones?

Nick

Morris
    Free Member

I’m a seasonal gamer. Through summer I don’t touch the xbox, but when the clocks go back and the weather turns, I’m addicted all over again.

GamerTag: chuck morr1s

muggomagic

I’ve got virtual friends now nismo. 😀

I bought a spoke light when they were reduced. It’s a bloody good light for riding to work!

I will still be out for night rides. Just now I have something to do on the rainy evenings.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Think I may have ruined any chance of getting fit this winter’ is closed to new replies.