Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Think I have just been positively discriminated against !
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ok this is one for you all to have a go at.

Recently 4 jobs have come up for me to apply for in 3 different organisations.

1st application organisation A – no response. Contact organisation, sorry lost your application, send through again. Which I did, no response, emailed again and got no further contact.

2nd application organisation B – interview confirmed.

3rd application organisation C – Interview Confirmed.

4th application organisation A – no response, Contact organisation, not shortlisted. Emailed organisation, wouldnt give a reason why not succesful at attaining interview.

Applications 1, 3 & 4 are for a very similar job to what I do now, 2 is for a higher grade job.

Read in to it what you like but knowing where organisation A is, and who works there already I know as a white person I would be in a minority…

Go on flame me 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Huh? How’s that positive? Surely it would be ‘positive discrimination’ if they gave you job because you were white, not because they ignored you?

Perhaps, and I’m going to go out on a limb here, you’re just not suitable for that job.

enfht
    Free Member

as a white person I would be in a minority

Positive Discrimination would give YOU (being the only honky) the job.

What you meant to say is you think you were discriminated against because of your colour.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“Positive discrimination is regarded as the preferential treatment of members of a minority group over a majority group, either by sex, race, age, marital status or sex orientation. It is generally considered illegal and unlawful.”

Ok take your point, should I say I have been on the receiving arm of positive discrimination… is that ok?

and yes perhaps njee20

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Go on flame me

no sport in that, like shooting fish in a barrel.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Is this thread for real?

Are you JHW?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ok take your point, should I say I have been on the receiving arm of positive discrimination… is that ok?

Nope – if you are saying the majority there are non white you become the minority to be discriminated against – positive discrimination would be giving you the job.

If its what yo claim – and I very much doubt it- it would be simple discrimination

druidh
    Free Member

Looks like you had a lucky escape then. Imagine actually having to work alongside them.

Lifer
    Free Member

Did you have to put ethnicity on the application form?

wwaswas

wouldnt give a reason why not succesful at attaining interview.

As an employer I would never tell people why I hadn’t interviewed them and often why they didn;t get a job.

Just gives people ammunition for law suits then they find out they were in the pile of cv’s from ‘unlucky people’…

Solo
    Free Member

Ok.

Can someone show me to the either the religious or the political thread now, please.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“Imagine actually having to work alongside them.”

Oh was waiting for that one 🙂

“Did you have to put ethnicity on the application form?” – Yes

Ok perhaps I should just say discriminated against then….I wouldnt mind that I was good enough to get interview, but its just the lack of any real reasoning etc.

druidh
    Free Member

Mibbe you’re just crap and they’re trying not to hurt your feelings?

Lifer
    Free Member

just the lack of any real reasoning

Not uncommon.

I_Ache
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    Looks like you had a lucky escape then. Imagine actually having to work alongside them.

Actual lol at that.

jon1973
    Free Member

“Did you have to put ethnicity on the application form?” – Yes

Reapply, but this time tell them that you is black. Then you’ll know for sure.

wwaswas

Just put ‘I am funky’ on the form, you’ll be fine.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ok so its nothing to do with discrimination then, just they are a really shite co. and can not organise a pee up in a brewery, perphaps thats how I should look at it then.

druidh
    Free Member

Did the application form ask “can you jump?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

or sing the blues?

ocrider

Maybe organisation A already have someone internally that they would like to use, but have still the obligation of advertising the vacancy in the outside world?

In which case, they wouldn’t tell you why not….

bobbyg81
    Free Member

WHy is the company shite? Because they didn’t give you a job?

Bloody racists! 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Should have gone through a recruitment agent.

justatheory
    Free Member

Sometimes they just don’t like you.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Think I have just been positively discriminated against !’ is closed to new replies.